- Additional Authors
- 1 streaming video file (18 min.) : sound, color.
- Uniform Title
- Carry me home (Choreographic work : Halprin)
- Filmed dance.
- Filmed performances.
- Title and credits from original videocassette and opening credits.
- Tape counter on bottom of screen for studio rehearsal excerpts.
- Access (note)
- Patrons can access streaming video files online only onsite at the Library for the Performing Arts.
- Credits (note)
- Direction, camera, editing, Andy Abrahams Wilson ; sound Nila Bogue ; still photography, Jay Graham.
- Source (note)
- Dress rehearsal and performance excerpts (9 min.) -- Studio rehearsal excerpts (9 min.).
- Call Number
- *MGZIDVD 5-7349
Carry me home : [excerpts] / director, Anna Halprin ; performed by Positive Motion.
- Country of Producing Entity
- Type of Content
two-dimensional moving image
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
- Original Version
Original format: 1 videocassette (VHS) ; 1/2 in.
- Restricted Access
Patrons can access streaming video files online only onsite at the Library for the Performing Arts.
Videotaped in performance and rehearsals around 1990 June 16 Theatre Artaud and dance studio, San Francisco, Calif.
Part of a "healing dance workshop held in San Francisco, California, for men living with AIDS and HIV-positive status. Led by Anna Halprin, the workshop incorporated creative group movement, and culminated in a performance called Carry me home, presented at the Theatre Artaud, San Francisco, on June 16, 1990." -- summary note, from the Dance Division's *MGZIA 4-1419.
Direction, camera, editing, Andy Abrahams Wilson ; sound Nila Bogue ; still photography, Jay Graham.
Performed by Positive Motion: Ed Brophy, Ralph Carpenter, Bob Collins, Paul Cyr, Jerry DeJong, Daniel Goldstein, Dennis Hayes, David Kerr, Kevin Lally, Raymond Leal, Rich Lepore, Danny Lessa-Zielinski, David Lewis, Nikko Marott, Joie McDonald, Tracy Rhoades, William Rogers, Allan Stinson, Brian Varanzoff, Philip Zimmerman.
Musicians, Jules Jonas Beckman and Norman Rutherford.
Gift; Anna Halprin; 2012.
- Connect to:
- Local Subject
Dance workshop and workshop performances -- California.
Ritual and ceremonial dancing -- California.
- Added Author
Halprin, Anna, director.
Wilson, Andy Abrahams, videographer.
Wilson, Andy Abrahams, editor.
Bogue, Nila, sound designer.
Graham, Jay, 1946- photographer.
Positive Motion (Dance company)
Halprin, Anna, donor.
- Added Title
Container of (work): Carry me home (Choreographic work : Halprin)
- Research Call Number