- Additional Authors
- 1 digital video file (ca. 6 min.): digital, stereo., H.264 file.
- Uniform Title
- Bhutan Dance Project, Core of Culture.
- Alternative Title
- Dance of the Atsaras. Korphu Drup: Day Two [Wide shot]
- Filmed dance.
- Filmed performances.
- For close shot version, see: *MGZIDF 989B.
- Program of the Korphu Drup: Day Two (Jan. 4, 2007): Atsara Cham - Dance of the Atsaras ; Zheng Zhi Pem - Ritual for Longevity ; Shinjey Yab Yum - Dance of the Lord of Death and his Consort ; Sangay Lingpai Nga Cham - The Drum Dance of Sangay Lingpa ; Nyulemai Cham - The Dance of the Evil Spirit ; Chungzhi (Chung Zam) - Dance of the Four Garudas ; Nyulemai Cham (Part II) - The Dance of the Evil Spirit ; Peling Chagtshel - The Line Dance of the Peling Tradition ; Zhanag Nga Cham - Dance of the Black Hats with Drums.
- Access (note)
- Event (note)
- Videotaped in performance at the Korphu Lakhang, in Trongsa, Bhutan (overlooking the courtyard from the top right of the Lakhang), on Jan. 4, 2007.
- Source (note)
- Call Number
- *MGZIDF 989A
Atsara Cham. Korphu Drup: Day Two [Wide shot] [electronic resource].
- Country of Producing Entity
Bhutan Dance Project, Core of Culture.
Korphu Drup begins the evening of Jan. 3, 2007 with a religious ceremony held in front of the Lhakhang followed by a Mewang, the burning of a large gate that everyone is invited to pass beneath whilst it's still burning. Various ging dances are also performed during the mewang.
Videotaped in performance at the Korphu Lakhang, in Trongsa, Bhutan (overlooking the courtyard from the top right of the Lakhang), on Jan. 4, 2007.
Gift; Core of Culture. NN-PD
- Connect to:
- Local Subject
Ritual and ceremonial dancing -- Bhutan.
Mask dances -- Bhutan.
- Added Author
Core of Culture (Organization)
Core of Culture. Donor
- Added Title
Dance of the Atsaras. Korphu Drup: Day Two [Wide shot]
- Research Call Number