- Additional Authors
- 1 digital video file (ca. 20 min.): digital, stereo., H.264 file.
- Uniform Title
- Bhutan Dance Project, Core of Culture.
- Alternative Title
- Dance of Six Pairs. Yungdrung Choeling Drup: Third Day [Wide shot]
- Filmed dance.
- Filmed performances.
- For close shot version, see: *MGZIDF 887B.
- Yungdrung Choeling Drup: Third Day, Jan. 13, 2006: Atsara Cham (Marchang) - Dance of the Atsaras and Libation ; Lhalungpai Shinjey Phomo - Dance of the Lord of Death and his Consort (Lhalung Tradition) ; Chung Zam - Dance of the Four Garudas ; Sangay Lingpai Nga Cham - The Drum Dance of Sangay Lingpa ; Bep Cha Drug - Dance of Six Pairs ; Dramitse Nga Cham - The Drum Dance of Dramitse ; Zhanag Phurcham - Dance of the Black Hats with Phurbas ; Durthro Dagmo Chezhi (Durdag) - Dance of the Four Lords of the Charnel Grounds ; Ging Tang Tsholing - Dance of the Ging and Tsholing.
- Access (note)
- Event (note)
- Videotaped in performance at the Yungdrung Choeling Dzong, in Trongsa, Bhutan (looking along the right diagonal towards the Lhakang across the courtyard arena), on Jan. 13, 2006.
- Source (note)
- Call Number
- *MGZIDF 887A
Bep Cha Drug. Yungdrung Choeling Drup: Third Day [Wide shot] [electronic resource].
- Country of Producing Entity
Bhutan Dance Project, Core of Culture.
This dance is only performed in two places, at Yungdrung Choeling and Beling - just further along the hillside. We have worked with Ap Dorji - an 85 year-old man who danced Bep Cha Drug over forty years ago at the last performed Padtselling Drubchen. According to Ap Dorji, this is a celebration dance (it follows a subjugation dance at Padtshelling) - where he remembers the following Eight sections: 1. Lamdoe 2. Ngar-dung 3. Bep Cha-drug 4. Chi-len 5. Nang-len 6. Sho-druk 7. Zhey-tab 8. Zuel-cham These show some similarities to the sections mentioned here - but more research needs to be done on names and steps performed.
Videotaped in performance at the Yungdrung Choeling Dzong, in Trongsa, Bhutan (looking along the right diagonal towards the Lhakang across the courtyard arena), on Jan. 13, 2006.
Gift; Core of Culture. NN-PD
- Connect to:
- Local Subject
Ritual and ceremonial dancing -- Bhutan.
Mask dances -- Bhutan.
- Added Author
Core of Culture (Organization)
Core of Culture. Donor
- Added Title
Dance of Six Pairs. Yungdrung Choeling Drup: Third Day [Wide shot]
- Research Call Number