- Additional Authors
- 36 p.; 21 cm.
- Erotic fiction.
- Literature, Experimental.
- "Printed in an edition of 500 copies."--From statement on last page.
- "Twenty-six copies are lettered A-Z by the author and William Burroughs who was kind enough to present The Electric Banana."--From the dedication page.
- "Dedicated with gratitude to my friend Carl Weissner."
- "Publication of this book has been made possible by a grant from the Coordinating Council of Literary Magazines which it has made through frunds [sic] received from the New York State Council on the Arts. This project is supported by a grant from the N.E.A. [...]."--From t.p. verso.
- "These scannings from The Electric Banana show the musical use of repetition--the words go round and round and come back where they started from and start again as we glimpse language seen in spatial perspective as an immense organism talking through throats of the world [...]."--From the introduction.
- Access (note)
- Binding (note)
- Issued in printed paper wrappers; front cover with reproduction in black and white of bespectacled nun, with chain around her waist, eating a half-peeled banana. Cover by Joel Hubaut.
- Call Number
- Berg Coll Burroughs ZC6 B43 1975
- 0916156079 :
Beach, Mary, 1919-2006
The electric banana / Mary Beach ; introduction by William Burroughs.
Cherry Valley, N.Y. : Cherry Valley Editions, c1975.
Restricted access; request permission from holding division.
- Local Note
Berg Collection copy is "M," hand penned by Mary Beach; signed by Mary Beach and William S. Burroughs on dedication page.
Issued in printed paper wrappers; front cover with reproduction in black and white of bespectacled nun, with chain around her waist, eating a half-peeled banana. Cover by Joel Hubaut.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Hubaut, Joël. Cover designer
Weissner, Carl. Dedicatee
Beach, Mary, 1919- Signer
Burroughs, William S., 1914-1997. Contributor. Signer
- Research Call Number
Berg Coll Burroughs ZC6 B43 1975