- Additional Authors
- 3 boxes (104 drawings) : some col., mounted on board; 39 x 54 cm. or smaller.
- Drawings – Italian – 18th century.
- Drawings – Italian – 19th century.
- Set design drawings.
- Several drawings include note on verso: Herbert Bittner, 27 Nov. 1942.
- Several drawings are labeled, numbered, include prices, or "for sale" notes on verso.
- Drawings are arranged by artist.
- Language (note)
- Some drawings include notes in German or Italian.
- Call Number
- *T-Vim 2011-067
Herbert Bittner collection of scenic designs, 1790-1850 / compiled by Herbert Bittner ca. 1940s.
Drawings of stage design in pencil, ink, or watercolor on paper, mounted on board, drawn by European designers of the late 18th and 19th century, such as Joseph Platzer, Lorenzo Sacchetti, and anonymous designers from the Austrian and Northern Italian Schools.
Publisher and editor of art books, Herbert Bittner was born in Breslau, Germany. He moved to the United States in 1934. Bittner owned a publishing house specializing in fine art, and authored and edited several books on art and leading artists. He died in New York in 1960..
Some drawings include notes in German or Italian.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
- Research Call Number