- Additional Authors
- viii, 271 p. : ill., maps; 30 cm.
- "Organised by Programme for Agricultural and Natural Resources Transformation (PANTIL), Directorate of Research and Postgraduate Studies, Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA)."
- Strengthening local agricultural innovation systems in Less and More favored areas of Tanzania and malawi to adapt to climate change and variability : perceptions, impacts, vulnerability, and adaptations / A Majule (p. 2-16). -- The potential contribution of biotechnology to addressing the food crisis in Tanzania / P Kusolwa (p. 17-25). -- Safeguarding and enhancing intellectual property rights in research at Sokoine University of Agriculture [SUA] / J Mpagalile (p. 26-37). -- How can farmers product profitably in the face of the current fuel crisis ? / P Damas (p. 38-47). -- Farmer field schools as a springboard for enhanced uptake of new agricultural technologies / Z. S. K Mvena (p. 48-54). -- Opportunities and challenges for carbon markets in the forestry secvtor in Tanzania / P Munishi (p. 55-61). --
- Enhancing the production of scholarly publications among researchers as a means towards dissemination of research outposts / D Rutatora (p. 62-68). -- Overview of effects of decentralization on agriculture and natural resources management in Tanzania / D Rutatora (p. 69-80). -- Agricultural and natural resources research and technology transfer : experiences from twelve research projects carried out in Tanzania / J Sebosa (p. 81-94). -- Capacity of local community in managing resource conflicts in Kilosa district / J. M Abdallah (p. 96-105). -- Profitability of draught animal power in semi-arid Tanzania : a case study of Hai, Kongwa and Siha districts / R Kabbiri (p. 107-114). -- Clinical analytical studies of Theileriosis in calves in Theileria parva endemic areas of eastern Tanzania / G Mbassa (p. 115-122). --
- Mononuclear leukocyte proliferation in prescapular lymph nodes in in-vivo Theileria parva infection in calves / G Mbassa (p. 123-126). -- Calf management, mastitis control, and milk handling and processing in small holder dairy famrs in Mvomero and Njombe districts, Tanzania / J Chang'a (p. 127-134). -- Effect of harvesting frequency on productivity of mixed grass-legume fodder gardens on smallholder dairy farms in Mvomero district, Tanzania / E Mtengeti (p. 135-141). -- Initial and residual effectiveness of Minjingu phosphate rock and triple superphosphate in highly weathered and volcanic soils of Tanzania / E Mtengeti (p. 143-156). -- Profitability of improved banana cultivars production in Tanzania : a case study of Rungwe, Mvomero and Mkuranga district / A. A Ndunguru (p. 157-164). --
- Technical and socio-economic challenges facing implementation of rainwater harvesting technologies in Njombe district-Tanzania / A Tarino (p. 165-173). -- Genetic diversity of Vanilla planifolia grown in Tanzania / C Busungu (p. 174-181). -- Physical and chemical properties of soils under oxen cultivation in Kongwa and Siha districts / J Msaky (p. 182-187). -- Effect of motorized grating and chipping of cassava on flour yield and quality / V Silayo (p. 189-193). -- Cyanogen levels of processed cassava and acceptability of Bada from differently processed cassava / M Khatib (p. 194-200). -- Safety concerns of traditionally processed cassava in Tongwe / M Khatib (p. 201-2207). -- Value chain analysis for cassava in the eastern Zone of Tanzania / P Njau (p. 208-217). --
- Assessment of proximate composition and acceptability of rice-based complementary food incorporating soya beans in selected villages of Kilombero district / V Gowele (p. 218-224). -- Demand for cassava products in Tanzania : a survey in coastal regions / N Marwa (p. 225-229). -- Impact of household water managment and hygiene practices on drinking-water quality and diarrhoea prevalence in rural Mbarali, Tanzania / L Stordal (p. 230-237). -- Development, sensory quality and acceptability of cassava-based composite crackers for supplementing primary school-age children / T Mosha (p. 238-250). -- Open access publishing : the emerging opportunity for wider dissemination of scholary output / F Dulle (p. 252-262).
- Call Number
- Sc G 11-68 no. 2
PANTIL Research Workshop (3rd : 2008 : Dodoma, Tanzania)
Food and energy crises : contribution and challenges for Agricultural and climate change research : proceedings of the Third Annual PANTIL Research Workshop held in Dodoma, 7-9 October, 2008 / [prepared by E.K. Batamuzi, D.M. Gimbi, L.R. Kurwijila].
Morogoro, Tanzania : Programme for Agricultural and Natural Resources Transformation for Improved Livelihoods (PANTIL), Directorate of Research and Postgraduate Studies, Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA), c2008.
- Added Author
Batamuzi, E. K.
Gimbi, D. M. (Dorothy M.)
Kurwijila, Lusato R.
Sokoine University of Agriculture. Programme for Agricultural and Natural Resources Transformation for Improved Livelihoods.
- Research Call Number
Sc G 11-68 no. 2