- Additional Authors
- 1 sound disc (ca. 33 min.) : digital, stereo.; 4 3/4 in.
- Uniform Title
- Leonard Lopate show (Radio program)
- Alternative Title
- John Updike
- Ruskin, John, 1819-1900
- Hopper, Edward, 1882-1967
- Homer, Winslow, 1836-1910
- Arts, American
- Warhol, Andy, 1928-1987
- Eakins, Thomas, 1844-1916
- Hudson River school of landscape painting
- Dove, Arthur Garfield, 1880-1946
- Radio programs
- Updike, John > Interviews
- Davis, Alice W
- Copley, John Singleton, 1738-1815
- Pollock, Jackson, 1912-1956
- Event (note)
- Broadcast on WNYC, New York, N. Y. on Nov. 24, 2005.
- Source (note)
- WNYC (Radio station : New York, N. Y.) ;
- Call Number
- *LDC 50978
WNYC Radio presents Leonard Lopate in conversation with John Updike [sound recording].
Nov. 24, 2005.
- Playing Time
Leonard Lopate, host ; John Updike, interviewee.
Broadcast on WNYC, New York, N. Y. on Nov. 24, 2005.
Host Leonard Lopate talks to author John Updike about his second collection of art essays: "Still looking: Essays on American art" (Knopf, 2005), his own artistic background and about various American artists and art figures, such as Alice [W.] Davis, [John Singleton] Copley, Jackson Pollock, the Hudson River School artists, Winslow Homer, [James McNeill] Whistler: "Whistler's mother" ([i.e.] Arrangement in gray and black), English art critic John Ruskin, Thomas Eakins, Edward Hopper, Arthur Dove, and Andy Warhol.
Gift; WNYC (Radio station : New York, N. Y.) ; 2007.
- Added Author
Lopate, Leonard, host.
Updike, John, interviewee.
Updike, John. Still looking.
Whistler, James McNeill, 1834-1903. Arrangement in gray and black, no. 1.
WNYC (Radio station : New York, N.Y.)
WNYC (Radio station : New York, N.Y.), donor. NN-RHA
- Added Title
- Research Call Number