- Additional Authors
- 1 videocassette (58 min.) : sound, color; 1/2 in.
- Alternative Title
- Black power, myth or reality
- Documentary television programs.
- Nonfiction television programs.
- Credits (note)
- Producer, William Greaves ; screenwriters, William Greaves, Lou Potter ; cinematography, William Greaves ; editor, William Greaves ; Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
- System Details (note)
- Call Number
- Sc Visual VRA-621
Black power in America : myth-- or reality? / directed by William Greaves.
New York, N.Y. : William Greaves Productions, [1989?]
- Type of Content
two-dimensional moving image
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
Examines the meaning of the term "Black power"--Its beginning as a slogan to the perception of its realization or negation for African Americans. Surveys some of the changes in American society since the civil rights movement of the 1960s. Looks at African American men and women who have achieved power and influence difficult to attain in the past, contemporary education, and a wide range of events with provocative insights into Black America.
Narrator/interviewer, William Greaves.
Producer, William Greaves ; screenwriters, William Greaves, Lou Potter ; cinematography, William Greaves ; editor, William Greaves ; Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
- System Details
- Added Author
Greaves, William, film director.
William Greaves Productions, production company.
Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
Title on cassette label: Black power, myth or reality
- Research Call Number
Sc Visual VRA-621