Research Catalog

Map showing the high and low water mark and the original city grants of lands under water made to various parties from 1686 to 1873, extending from Battery to Fifty-first Street, Hudson and East Rivers, New York City, also the several pier and bulkhead lines established from 1750 to 1873

Title
Map showing the high and low water mark and the original city grants of lands under water made to various parties from 1686 to 1873, extending from Battery to Fifty-first Street, Hudson and East Rivers, New York City, also the several pier and bulkhead lines established from 1750 to 1873 / [cartographic material] / made under the direction of the Department of Docks ; carefully compiled and reduced from the maps of the U.S. Coast Survey and actual surveys made by the Department of Docks ... also from maps and documents on file in the office of the Comptroller of the City and County of New York, by Chas. K. Graham engineer in chief, John Mechan assistant engineer, David T. Keiller compiler & draughtsman.
Author
New York (N.Y.). Dept. of Docks.
Publication
[New York] : Commissioners [of Docks], 1873.

Available Online

NYPL Digital Collections

Items in the Library & Off-site


About 2 Items.
Still Loading More items...

StatusFormatAccessCall NumberItem Location
CartographicSupervised use Map Div. 19-301Schwarzman Building M1A - Map Division Room 117
CartographicSupervised use Map Div. 08-1558Schwarzman Building M1A - Map Division Room 117

Details

Additional Authors
  • Graham, Chas. K.
  • Mechan, J.
  • Keiller, David T.
Description
1 map on 8 sheets : col.; 214 x 147 cm., sheets 51 x 66 cm.
Subjects
Note
  • Harbor cadastral map. Covers Manhattan, New York (N.Y.) south of 51st Street. Shows piers, property and lot lines of water grants, lot numbers or owners' names. Gives dates of grants. Gives some dimensions. Also shows internal features of inland parks and squares.
Call Number
Map Div. 08-1558
OCLC
58759080
Author
New York (N.Y.). Dept. of Docks.
Title
Map showing the high and low water mark and the original city grants of lands under water made to various parties from 1686 to 1873, extending from Battery to Fifty-first Street, Hudson and East Rivers, New York City, also the several pier and bulkhead lines established from 1750 to 1873 / [cartographic material] / made under the direction of the Department of Docks ; carefully compiled and reduced from the maps of the U.S. Coast Survey and actual surveys made by the Department of Docks ... also from maps and documents on file in the office of the Comptroller of the City and County of New York, by Chas. K. Graham engineer in chief, John Mechan assistant engineer, David T. Keiller compiler & draughtsman.
Imprint
[New York] : Commissioners [of Docks], 1873.
Cartographic Data
Scale [1:3,600] 300 ft. to 1 in. (W 74̕02ʹ--W 73̕57ʹ/N 40̕46ʹ--N 40̕42ʹ).
Connect to:
NYPL Digital Collections
Added Author
Graham, Chas. K.
Mechan, J.
Keiller, David T.
Research Call Number
Map Div. 08-1558
View in Legacy Catalog