- Additional Authors
- 1 videodisc (ca. 91 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences; 4 3/4 in.
- Documentary about a gang of kids who virtually revolutionized skateboarding with an aggressive style, awe-inspiring moves and street smarts, and in the process, transformed youth culture forever. Captures the rise of the Zephyr skateboarding team from Venice's Dogtown, a tough "locals only" beach with a legacy of outlaw surfing, who used abandoned swimming pools to sharpen their skills.
- Original production: c2001.
- "The birth of extreme"--Container.
- Special features: exclusive sneak peek at the theatrical release of Lords of Dogtown; two Webisodes about Lords of Dogtown ; alternate ending ; director and editor commentary; extended "raw" skate footage.
- Credits (note)
- Director of photography, Peter Pilafian ; editor, Paul Crowder ; original music, Terry Wilson, Paul Crowder.
- System Details (note)
- Language (note)
- In English with optional French subtitles ; Closed-captioned.
Dogtown and Z-boys [videorecording] / Sony Pictures Classics ; Vans "Off the Wall" Productions ; an AOP production ; directed by Stacy Peralta ; produced by Agi Orsi ; written by Stacy Peralta, Craig Stecyk.
Culver City, Calif. : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, 2005.
- System Details
DVD ; Dolby digital 5.0.
Narrator, Sean Penn; featuring, Shogo Kubo, Bob Biniak, Nathan Pratt, Stacy Peralta, Jim Muir, Allen Sarlo, Chris Cahill, Tony Alva, Paul Constantineau, Jay Adams, Peggy Oki, Wentzle Ruml.
Director of photography, Peter Pilafian ; editor, Paul Crowder ; original music, Terry Wilson, Paul Crowder.
In English with optional French subtitles ; Closed-captioned.
- Added Author
Stecyk, Craig, 1950-
Penn, Sean, 1960-
Sony Pictures Classics (Firm)
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Other Standard Identifier
- Publisher No.
10661 Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- Branch Call Number
DVD 796.22 D