· Holograph story, "Evelina" : 12 Nov 1831 : (S'ANA 0544) : in which an encounter with a young man in Italy elicits a tragic love story involving Swedish artist Evelina Stading, a historical figure buried in the Protestant Cemetery in Rome; written in three notebooks.
Autograph ownership signature in his copy of Leigh Hunt's Indicator : [circa 1820s?] : (H'ANA 0109) : "J. Gisborne," on the title-page of volume I. Shelved as *Pforz BT (Gisborne, J. 01.
Autograph ownership signature in his copy of Leigh Hunt's Literary Examiner : [circa 1820s?] : (H'ANA 0110) : "J. Gisborne," on the title-page. Shelved with books under "Hunt."
· Autograph note on mounting for a Mary Shelley letter : [date unknown] : (MWS 0001) : the date of the mounted letter is June 1818; the note, in ink, reads, "Note from Mrs. Shelley to Mrs. Gisborne."
· Autograph entries in the Gisborne Letterbook : 1832-1833 : (S'ANA 0545) : in John Gisborne's hand, including 12 copies and extracts (lettered A-L) of important letters by his wife, himself and correspondents. Entries of his own material include: (B) To Miss Braddock, at Mrs. Pierce's : 1 letter : 19 May 1832 : mostly family news. -- (I) To his mother : 1 letter extract : 26 Dec 1832 -- 1 Jan 1833 : "concerning the marriage of Emma with Thomas Hall." -- (J) To Fanny Cookworthy, aged nine years : 1 letter : 28 Jan 1833 : on his "ancestor," Guy of Gisborne, "antagonist of the famed Robin Hood"; followed by a cancelled poem, "To Fanny," signed "Guy." An uncancelled fair copy of "To Fanny" is written on the inside rear cover of the notebook (L). Also included is a brief extract of a 22 Jan 1833 letter to Gisborne from his mother (K). For the remaining entries, see records for Maria Gisborne manuscript material and Sir John Bowring manuscript material.
· To Thomas Bateman at MIddleton Hall near Youlgreave, retired cotton magnate : 1 autograph letter signed : 19 Mar 1833 : (S'ANA 0471) : information relating to the death of Gisborne's "most dear friend Mr. Cowper"; also, on Mrs. Gisborne's improving health.
· To Thomas Jefferson Hogg, barrister and friend of Shelley : 2 autograph letters signed : -- [19 Feb 1822] : (HG'ANA 0014) : reporting on opinions of Hunt, Dyer, Coleridge and Lamb upon having visited Christ's Hospital. -- 12 Aug 1822 : (HG'ANA 0005) : giving account of Shelley's death.