- Additional Authors
- 1 videodisc (NTSC) (27 min.) : sd., col.; 4 3/4 in.
- Series Statement
- Eye on dance ; 1024
- Eye on dance uncut sessions ; UC 24
- Alternative Title
- Eye on dance and the arts, 1024
- Credits (note)
- Director, Richard Sheridan ; camera, Roderick Giles and John Meyer ; lighting, Phil Testa ; audio/lighting, Joel Katz and Vanya Edwards.
- Event (note)
- Recorded on Dec. 2, 1992 ; telecast [on local PBS station WNYE-TV/UHF Channel 25, New York,] on Oct. 4, 1999.
- Interview with Skip LaPlante (ca. 17 min.) -- Interview with LaVaughn Robinson (ca. 10 min.).
- Call Number
- *MGZIDVD 5-3560
The uncut sessions, Skip LaPlante. part 2 [and interview with LaVaughn Robinson] [videorecording] / produced by Celia Ipiotis and Jeff Bush.
New York, NY : Arc Videodance, 1992, c1999.
- Country of Producing Entity
Eye on dance ; 1024
Eye on dance uncut sessions ; UC 24
Recorded on Dec. 2, 1992 ; telecast [on local PBS station WNYE-TV/UHF Channel 25, New York,] on Oct. 4, 1999.
Director, Richard Sheridan ; camera, Roderick Giles and John Meyer ; lighting, Phil Testa ; audio/lighting, Joel Katz and Vanya Edwards.
Guests, Skip LaPlante, LaVaughn Robinson, Germaine Ingram ; moderator, Celia Ipiotis.
Skip LaPlante (founder of Music for Homemade Instruments Musical Collective) discusses his musical influences derived from Indonesian culture, the influence of Lou Harrison, and how to notate his homemade instruments including demonstrations. LaVaughn Robinson (tap dancer) discusses the various styles of taps along with a demonstration of the B.S. Chorus with Germaine Ingram (tap dancer).
- Local Note
"The transference of the Indonesian approach to musical instruments, scales and performance habits." -- preliminary cataloging sheet.
- Added Author
La Plante, Skip. Interviewee
Robinson, Lavaughn. Interviewee
Ingram, Germaine, dancer.
Ipiotis, Celia. Interviewer
Ipiotis, Celia. Producer
Bush, Jeffrey C. Producer
Sheridan, Richard. Director
ARC Videodance (Firm)
- Research Call Number