- Additional Authors
- 1 sheet ( p.) : ill.; 48 x 31 cm.
- Uniform Title
- American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 13837.
- Souvenirs (Keepsakes)
- Wood-engravings with caption, "The old Ephrata printing press, on which the Declaration of Independence was printed, and the original house, no. 702 Market Street, in which it was actually written by Thos. Jefferson," engraved by Smith Bros., Philadelphia. "Copyright secured."
- "This press was loaned by the Historical Society of Pennsylvania to Messrs. Rex & Bockius, 614 Filbert Street, inventors of printing presses, gas machines, and other inventions, and exhibited by them, in contrast with modern machinery, at the Centennial Exhibition, Philadelphia, May 10th to November 10th, 1876, at which exhibition this sheet was printed upon it."
- "The Declaration of Independence, in Congress, at Philadelphia, July 4, 1776."--p. , with signers' names lithographed in facsimile of ms. signatures. At foot: Printed on the old Ephrata press at the Centennial Exposition, 1876. On this press the Declaration of Independence was printed in 1776.
- "The old Ephrata printing press" and this printing of the Declaration of Independence were also issued separately.
- Reproduction (note)
- Electronic text and image data.
The Old Ephrata printing press. [electronic resource] : This unpretentious piece of machinery has passed through various hands for nearly a century and a half, until some fours years ago it was bequeathed to the Historical Society of Pennsylvania by Mr. P. Martin Heitler, of Ephrata, Lancaster Co., Pennsylvania. ...
[Philadelphia : Printed on the old Ephrata Press at the Centennial Exhibition, 1876]
American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 13837.
Electronic text and image data. [Chester, Vt. : Readex, a division of Newsbank, Inc., 2005. Includes files in TIFF, GIF and PDF formats with inclusion of keyword searchable text. (American broadsides and ephemera. First series ; no. 13837).
- Connect to:
- Place of Publication
United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Added Author
Rex & Bockius.
United States. Declaration of Independence.
Smith Bros. (Philadelphia, Pa.), engraver.