- Additional Authors
- 1 videocassette (VHS, NTSC) (54 min.) : sd., col. & b&w; 1/2 in.
- Gift of Jane Goldberg's Wandering Shoes.
- Series Statement
- Jane Goldberg's Wandering shoes tap(h)istory featuring tip top tapes, tapalogues, tapology and tapperabilia.
- Alternative Title
- New sole sisters.
- Title provided by cataloger. Title on original container: By word section IV
- For the completed documentary of this workshop, see *MGZIC 9-5600 By word of foot I.
- Performer (note)
- Performers include Jane Goldberg, Albert Gibson.
- Event (note)
- First segment broadcast on WNEW, Channel 5, New York. Remaining segments videotaped at the Village Gate, New York, between October 13-18, 1980.
- The new sole sisters news clip (3 min.) -- Jane Goldberg performance excerpts (27 min.) -- Albert "Gip" Gibson classes (24 min.)
- Call Number
- *MGZIA 4-8238
By word of foot I [excerpts] [videorecording].
- Country of Producing Entity
Jane Goldberg's Wandering shoes tap(h)istory featuring tip top tapes, tapalogues, tapology and tapperabilia.
First segment broadcast on WNEW, Channel 5, New York. Remaining segments videotaped at the Village Gate, New York, between October 13-18, 1980.
Performers include Jane Goldberg, Albert Gibson.
The first segment on this tape is a television news story about The new sole sisters, a program of female tap dancers produced by Jane Goldberg at La Mama. The segment includes excerpts from interviews with Goldberg and Frances Nealy and performance clips of Nealy and Harret Browne.
The remainder of the tape contains documentation of the week-long tap dancing workshop By word of foot I, presented by the Changing Times Tap Dancing Company on October 13-18, 1980. First there is a series of tap dance performance excerpts, most featuring Jane Goldberg. The remainder of the tape contains excerpts of two classes taught by Albert [Bert] Gibson. Gibson speaks to Goldberg about his childhood and career and teaches a soft shoe; the tango twist, a step invented by Jack Wiggins; and the dances "Pull it" and "Fish for supper."
- Local Note
Footage of Albert Gibson's classes is also found on *MGZIC 9-5755, *MGZIC 5-5754, *MGZIC 9-5704.
- Added Author
Goldberg, Jane, 1948- , dancer.
Gibson, Bert. Teacher
Nealy, Frances, dancer.
Nealy, Frances. Interviewee
Browne, Harriet, dancer.
Changing Times Tap Dancing Company.
- Added Title
New sole sisters.
Gift of Jane Goldberg's Wandering Shoes.
- Research Call Number