- Additional Authors
- Buckley, Betty.
- Cohenour, Patti, 1952-
- Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870.
- Gallagher, Peter, 1955-
- Holmes, Rupert.
- Laine, Cleo.
- McGillin, Howard.
- New York Shakespeare Festival Public Theater. dnr
- Rose, George, 1920-1988.
- Schneider, Jana.
- Shue, Larry.
- Found In
- New York Shakespeare Festival records, 1954-1992.
- 1 sound cassette : analog, stereo.
- Alternative Title
- New York Shakespeare Festival recordings collection.
- Credits and production information taken from the book: New York Shakespeare Festival, the people and the plays.
- On container spine copy 1: Selections. "Drood". 5/85.
- Notes (p. 1 music tracks) available in *LTC 6617, copy 1. Some of the corresponding performers of the music are incorrect in the notes.
- Separated from the New York Shakespeare Festival records; for papers, see the Billy Rose Theatre Collection, *T-Mss 1993-028; for sheet music and scores, see the Music Division, JPB 04-03.
- Event (note)
- Recorded in in New York in May 1985.
- Source (note)
- The New York Shakespeare Festival and Gail Merrifield Papp;
- Linking Entry (note)
- Forms part of: New York Shakespeare Festival recordings collection.
- Side 1. There'll be England again ; A man can go quite mad ; Two kingsmen ; Moonfall ; A British subject ; Sapsea's song ; I wouldn't say no ; The wages of sin ; No good can come from bad ; Ceylon ; Perfect strangers ; When shall these three meet again? ; Evensong ; Both sides of the coin ; Never the luck ; The name of love -- Side 2. Off to the races ; The garden path to Hell ; Puffer's confession ; Out on a limerick ; Jasper's confession ; Durdle's confession ; Murderer's confession ; Perfect strangers (reprise) ; The writing on the wall ; There'll be England again (reprise)
- Call Number
- *LTC 6617
The mystery of Edwin Drood [sound recording] : musical selections [from 2nd reading and demo] / by Rupert Holmes.
George Rose (1st, 6th, 10th, 12th, 14th works) ; Howard McGillin (1st-3rd, 5th, 12th, 14th, 16th works) ; Betty Buckley (1st, 3rd, 9th-12th, 25th works) Patti Cohenour (1st, 4th, 9th-13th, 16th works) ; Jana Schneider (1st, 9th-10th, 12th works) ; Peter Gallagher (1st, 5th, 9th-10th, 12th works) ; Rupert Holmes (7th, 13th, 15th, 17th, 19th-24th, 26th works) ; Cleo Laine (1st, 8th, 12th, 19th work) ; Larry Shue (9th-10th, 12th works)
Recorded in in New York in May 1985.
Cassette contains a remix of musical selections previously recorded from the second [February] reading of The mystery of Edwin Drood at New York Shakespeare Festival, and the music demo previously performed by Rupert Holmes. Some songs have been omitted from this recording. The complete second rehearsal reading recording is available on *LTC 6616, and Rupert Holmes's demo is available on *LTC 10213.
- Linking Entry
Forms part of: New York Shakespeare Festival recordings collection.
- Added Author
Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870. Mystery of Edwin Drood.
Holmes, Rupert. Performer
Rose, George, 1920-1988. Performer
McGillin, Howard. Performer
Buckley, Betty. Performer
Cohenour, Patti, 1952- Performer
Gallagher, Peter, 1955- Performer
Schneider, Jana. Performer
Laine, Cleo. Performer
Shue, Larry. Performer
Papp, Gail Merrifield. Donor
New York Shakespeare Festival Public Theater. Donor
- Added Title
New York Shakespeare Festival recordings collection.
- Found In:
New York Shakespeare Festival records, 1954-1992.
- Research Call Number