- Additional Authors
- Frothingham, John Pierre.
- .25 linear foot (1 box).
- Military records
- United States > History > Civil War, 1861-1865 > Medical care
- United States > History > Civil War, 1861-1865 > Campaigns
- United States > History > Civil War, 1861-1865 > Personal narratives
- Virginia > History > Civil War, 1861-1865
- Peninsular Campaign, 1862
- Military hospitals > United States
- Medicine, Military > United States
- United States > Army > Regiment, New York Infantry, 44th
- Irwin family
- Dodge family
- Frothingham family
- Frost family
- Pope, John, 1822-1892
- McClellan, George B (George Brinton), 1826-1885
- Irving, Washington, 1783-1859
- Frothingham, William Walter, 1830-1885
- Frothingham, Edward
- Military records.
- Access (note)
- Biography (note)
- William Walter Frothingham (1830-1885) was a surgeon serving with the 44th Regiment of the New York Volunteers during the U.S. Civil War.
- Call Number
- MssCol 1092
Frothingham, William Walter, 1830-1885.
William Frothingham papers, 1861-1935, bulk (1861-1870).
Collection consists of family correspondence during Frothingham's Civil War service with George B. McClellan's and John Pope's armies in Virginia during the Peninsular Campaign and at the second Battle of Bull Run, describing battles, hardships of camp life, and medical aid on the battlefields and in hospitals; commissions, sick reports, and other military papers; and miscellaneous notes relating to the Frothingham family. Also, a 1935 typewritten volume entitled "Genealogy of the Frothingham Family and Its Connections" by John P. Frothingham.
- Restricted Access
Restricted access; Manuscripts and Archives Division; Permit must be requested at division indicated.
William Walter Frothingham (1830-1885) was a surgeon serving with the 44th Regiment of the New York Volunteers during the U.S. Civil War. He practiced medicine in the Washington Heights section of New York City before and after the war.
- Finding Aids
Collection guide available in repository and on internet.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Frothingham, John Pierre.
- Research Call Number