- Additional Authors
- Found In
- nnpc Yellow Springs Institute records (RLIN)NYPG05-A10085
- 3 videodiscs (NTSC) (165 min.) : sd., col.; 4 3/4 in.
- Series Statement
- Yellow Springs Institute Audio/Visual Collection
- Alternative Title
- Five tales.
- Nobody's Miss America.
- Donor's inventory numbers: V2-890610-1 through V2-890610-3.
- Event (note)
- Recorded at Yellow Springs Institute, Chester, Pa., on June 10, 1989..
- Linking Entry (note)
- Forms part of the Yellow Springs Institute records; for papers see the Billy Rose Theatre Collection, *T-Mss 2004-007.
- Disc 1. Three of Five tales / written by William Maxwell; performed by Nancy K. Duncan (40 min.)
- Disc 2. Nobody's Miss America / written and performed by Lisa Kotin; directed by Beth Nathanson (45 min.) -- Post-performance discussion [poor sound] / with Nancy Duncan, Lisa Kotin, Giles Denmark (7 min.)
- Disc 3. Scars / created and performed by Giles Denmark (42 min.) -- Post-performance discussion [poor sound] (21 min.)
- Call Number
- *MGZIDVD 5-1294
Nancy Duncan, Lisa Kotin, [and] Giles Denmark [videorecording] : performance day.
- Country of Producing Entity
Yellow Springs Institute Audio/Visual Collection
Recorded at Yellow Springs Institute, Chester, Pa., on June 10, 1989..
The three works in progress presented here were performed for audiences at Yellow Springs. Storyteller Nancy Duncan performs three stories from William Maxwell's Five tales. Lisa Kotin performs a satirical one-woman piece about the Miss America pageant. Giles Denmark performs a performance piece with various indoor and outdoor locations on the Yellow Springs Institute grounds. A post-performance discussion by the artists appears on both disc 3 (an excerpt also appears at the end of disc 2); sound quality of the discussion is very poor.
- Linking Entry
Forms part of the Yellow Springs Institute records; for papers see the Billy Rose Theatre Collection, *T-Mss 2004-007.
- Local Note
House program available through the Billy Rose Theatre Collection.
A sound recording of these performances can be found in the Rodgers and Hammerstein Archives of Recorded Sound under classmark *LT-10-A 2508-9.
- Added Author
Duncan, Nancy. Performer
Maxwell, William, 1908-2000. Author
Kotin, Lisa. Performer
Nathanson, Beth. Director
Denmark, Giles. Performer
Yellow Springs Institute for Contemporary Studies and the Arts.
- Added Title
Nobody's Miss America.
- Found In:
nnpc Yellow Springs Institute records (RLIN)NYPG05-A10085
- Research Call Number