- Additional Authors
- 4 maps on 1 sheet : both sides, col.; sheet 52 x 79 cm.
- Alternative Title
- Europe in transition
- Reshaping a continent
- Relief shown by shading and spot heights; depths shown by gradient tints.
- "Supplement to NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC, June 2005."
- "Europe in transition" map "consultants, Harm J. de Blij, Michigan State University, Carl Haub, Population Reference Bureau."
- "Europe" map also shows "Europe-Asia physical boundary" with note explaining that distinction.
- "Europe" map includes text, notes, geographic equivalents table, and four ancillary maps: Number crunch -- Mother tongues -- Buying power -- Keeping faith.
- Transition map created to show 3 time periods, and thus 3 maps, which are "1920 Post World War I, empires to nations," "1960 Post World War II, Europe divided" and "2005 Post-Cold War, Toward one Europe" and includes text, historical notes, and 3 graphs and an ancillary map: Baby bust -- A graying land -- Destination Europe [map] -- Migration roller coaster.
- Call Number
- Map Div. 05-5920
National Geographic Maps (Firm)
Europe ; Europe in transition / produced by National Geographic Maps for National Geographic Magazine ; Allen Carroll, Chief Cartographer ; design, Sally S. Summerall.
Washington, D.C. : National Geographic Society, c2005.
- Cartographic Data
Scale 1:9,377,000. 1 cm. = 94 km. 1 in. = 148 miles ; Azimuthal equidistant proj. (W 25⁰--E 65⁰/N 75⁰--N 30⁰).
Scale not given.
- Added Author
De Blij, Harm J.
- Research Call Number
Map Div. 05-5920