- Additional Authors
- Paul, Elliot, 1891-1958.
- Greene, Louis C.
- Hannah, Muriel.
- Hill, Creighton J.
- Knopf, Alfred A., 1892-1984.
- Linscott, Robert Newton, 1886-
- Liveright, Horace Brisbin, 1886-1933.
- Paul, Camille Nesbit.
- 97 items.
- Biography (note)
- Elliot Paul was an American novelist, playwright, screenwriter, journalist, and literary critic, and the co-founder and co-editor of the journal "transition," leaving the publication in the fall of 1929.
- Indexes/Finding Aids (note)
- Inventory list and card catalog available in repository.
- Provenance (note)
- This is a synthetic collection, created from materials acquired through gift and purchase from various sources. The bulk of the materials was previously owned by Louis C. Greene.
- Processing Action (note)
- Call Number
- Berg Coll MSS Paul
Paul, Elliot, 1891-1958.
Elliot Paul collection of papers, 1922-1940.
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts, typescripts, and correspondence, as well as legal documents. The manuscripts and typescripts include plays, notes, drafts of novels, articles, reviews, and drafts of stories. Also included is the typescript of his "The Last Time I saw Paris" containing the author's manuscript emendations and with a chart and 1-page typed explanatory statement by Paul. The correspondence includes letters from the author, dating from 1922 to 1938, to Louis C. Greene and Horace B. Liveright, as well as letters relating to the author, dating from 1922 to 1934, between various correspondents, including Louis C. Greene, Creighton J. Hill, Alfred A. Knopf, Horace B. Liveright, Robert Newton Linscott, and Camille Nesbit Paul. There are letters to Paul from Muriel Hannah, Alfred A. Knopf, Horace Liveright Inc., and others, dating from 1923 to 1928.
Elliot Paul was an American novelist, playwright, screenwriter, journalist, and literary critic, and the co-founder and co-editor of the journal "transition," leaving the publication in the fall of 1929.
Inventory list and card catalog available in repository.
- Local Note
The Berg Collection has only scattered issues of "transition." The General Research Division of the New York Public Library has almost the entire run of the periodical, including the first seventeen issues when Paul was co-editor and then contributing editor.
Creation of collection-level record funded with the generous support of the Gladys Kreible Delmas Foundation.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Paul, Elliot, 1891-1958. Last time I saw Paris.
Greene, Louis C.
Hill, Creighton J.
Knopf, Alfred A., 1892-1984.
Linscott, Robert Newton, 1886-
Liveright, Horace Brisbin, 1886-1933.
Paul, Camille Nesbit.
Greene, Louis C.. Former owner
- Research Call Number
Berg Coll MSS Paul