- Additional Authors
- Chapman, Guy.
- Firbank, Heather.
- Firbank, Jane Harriette Garrett.
- Hernandez y Sevilla, Manuel de.
- Hoyos y Vincent, Antonio de, 1885-1940.
- Talboys, Rollo St. Clare.
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964.
- Wallace, Edwin James.
- Wells, H. G. (Herbert George), 1866-1946.
- 279 items.
- Access (note)
- Biography (note)
- Ronald Firbank, born Arthur Annesley Ronald Firbank, was a British novelist, playwright, and short-story writer.
- Indexes/Finding Aids (note)
- Inventory list and card catalog available in repository.
- Provenance (note)
- This is a synthetic collection, created from materials acquired through gift and purchase from various sources. Former owners include Carl Van Vechten.
- Processing Action (note)
- Call Number
- Berg Coll MSS Firbank
Firbank, Ronald, 1886-1926.
Ronald Firbank collection of papers, 1896-1952 bulk (1905-1926).
This is a synthetic collection consisting of manuscripts and typescripts, notebooks, correspondence by and about the author, legal documents, pictorial works, flower cuttings, an album of photographs and autographs, and portraits. The manuscripts and typescripts include typewritten drafts of stories, holograph notes and fragments of works, as well translations of the the author's works. The undated notebooks include stories, novels, and translations. The bulk of the collection consists of correspondence by the author, dating from 1922 to 1925, to Carl Van Vechten,and others. The collection also includes letters about the author, dating from 1905 to 1952, between various correspondents including Heather Firbank, Lady Jane Harriette Garrett Firbank, Carl Van Vechten, Edwin James Wallace and others. There are letters to the author from Guy Chapman, members of the Firbank family, Manuel (Manolo) de Hernandez y Sevilla, Antonio de Hoyos y Vincent, Rollo St. Clair Talboys, Carl Van Vechten, H. G. Wells, and others, dating from 1897 to 1926.
- Restricted Access
Restricted access; Berg Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Ronald Firbank, born Arthur Annesley Ronald Firbank, was a British novelist, playwright, and short-story writer.
Inventory list and card catalog available in repository.
- Local Note
Creation of collection-level record funded with the generous support of the Gladys Kreible Delmas Foundation.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Firbank, Jane Harriette Garrett.
Hernandez y Sevilla, Manuel de.
Hoyos y Vincent, Antonio de, 1885-1940.
Talboys, Rollo St. Clare.
Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964.
Wallace, Edwin James.
Wells, H. G. (Herbert George), 1866-1946.
Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964. Former owner
- Research Call Number
Berg Coll MSS Firbank