- Additional Authors
- 1 map : hand col.; 2 hemispheres each 25 cm. in diam., on sheet 41 x 54 cm.
- National Endowment for the Humanities Grant for Access to Early Maps of the Middle Atlantic Seaboard.
- Alternative Title
- New and accvrat map of the world
- Relief shown pictorially.
- From John Speed's Prospect of the most famous parts of the world, 1676.
- Imprint on map indicates this is 4th state, according to Shirley.
- Includes ancillary maps and diagrams of "The heavens and elements," "The eclipsie of the sunnie," "A figure of the spheare," and "The eclipse of the moonie," 2 celestial hemispheres, historical notes, and ill.
- Text on verso: The general description of the world, [p.] 1-2. Signature: A. Catchword: the.
- Indexed In (note)
- Shirley, R.W. Mapping of the World,
- Call Number
- Map Div. 02-321
Speed, John, 1552?-1629.
A new and accurat map of the world : drawne according to ye truest descriptions, latest discoueries & best obseruations yt haue beene made by English or strangers, 1651.
[London] : Are to be sold by Tho. Bassett in Fleet Street and Ric. Chiswell in St. Pauls Church yard, 
- Cartographic Data
Scale [ca. 1:100,000,000. At equator] (W 180⁰--E 180⁰/N 90⁰--S 90⁰).
- Indexed In:
Shirley, R.W. Mapping of the World, 317
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Bassett, Thomas, bookseller.
Speed, John, 1552?-1629. Prospect of the most famous parts of the world.
- Added Title
New and accvrat map of the world
National Endowment for the Humanities Grant for Access to Early Maps of the Middle Atlantic Seaboard.
- Research Call Number
Map Div. 02-321 [Filed with World, 1651]