- Additional Authors
- 1 map : hand col.; 2 hemispheres, each 29 cm. in diam., on sheet 55 x 63 cm.
- National Endowment for the Humanities Grant for Access to Early Maps of the Middle Atlantic Seaboard.
- Relief shown by hachures.
- Appears in Johnston's National atlas of historical, commercial and political geography, 1849 and other eds.
- In upper right margin: National atlas - 1.
- Includes ill. and statistics.
- Call Number
- Map Div. 02-304
Johnston, Alexander Keith, 1804-1871.
The world in hemispheres : with comparative views of the heights of the principal mountains and lengths of the principal rivers on the globe / by A.K. Johnston, F.R.G.S. ; engraved by W. & A.K. Johnston.
Edinburgh : Published by John Johnstone and W. & A.K. Johnston [etc.], 
- Cartographic Data
Scale [ca. 1:65,000,000] (W 180⁰--E 180⁰/N 90⁰--S 90⁰).
- Local Note
NYPL copy breaking down along margins; some marginal text not legible.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Johnston, Alexander Keith, 1804-1871. National atlas of historical, commercial and political geography.
W. & A.K. Johnston Limited.
- Added Title
National Endowment for the Humanities Grant for Access to Early Maps of the Middle Atlantic Seaboard.
- Research Call Number
Map Div. 02-304