- Additional Authors
- 1 videocassette (65 min.) : sd., col. NTSC; 1/2 in. (VHS)
- Gift of Tessa Kennedy.
- Gift of the Rudolf Nureyev Foundation.
- Series Statement
- Rudolf Nureyev Collection.
- Accompanied by data sheet.
- Tape begins with ca. 4 min. of a tour of the Hermitage, taped in January 1998 by Tessa Kennedy.
- For a Russian-language documentary on this symposium, see: *MGZIA 4-4219 RNC Rudolf Nureyev.
- Performer (note)
- Speakers (in order of appearance): John Taras, Francis Mason, Clive Barnes, Lynn Seymour, Robert Gottlieb.
- Event (note)
- Videotaped at the Institute of the History of the Arts, St. Petersburg, Russia, on March 13, 1998, by Tessa Kennedy.
- Language (note)
- Most speeches in English with simultaneous translation into Russian.
- Call Number
- *MGZIA 4-4210 RNC
[Rudolf Nureyev symposium (excerpts)] [videorecording]
Rudolf Nureyev Collection.
Videotaped at the Institute of the History of the Arts, St. Petersburg, Russia, on March 13, 1998, by Tessa Kennedy.
Speakers (in order of appearance): John Taras, Francis Mason, Clive Barnes, Lynn Seymour, Robert Gottlieb.
Excerpts from a symposium on Rudolf Nureyev, sponsored by the Rudolf Nureyev Dance Foundation and the Trust for Mutual Understanding, and organized by the Institute for the History of the Arts and Culture Center International. The symposium footage begins with ca. 9 min. of brief excerpts from presentations by various Russian-speaking participants, among them Nikita Dolgushin and Natalia Dudinskaya. This is followed by ca. 25 min. from a panel moderated by Francis Mason, with speakers John Taras and Clive Barnes, who discuss Nureyev at the beginning of his career in the west, with detailed descriptions of his one-time-only performance of Frederick Ashton's Poème tragique. Lynn Seymour then recalls her longstanding friendship with Nureyev (ca. 17 min.). Robert Gottlieb discusses the interactions between Nureyev and George Balanchine (ca. 9 min.) ; the tape ends before the conclusion of his speech.
Most speeches in English with simultaneous translation into Russian.
- Added Author
Taras, John. Speaker
Mason, Francis. Moderator
Barnes, Clive, 1927-2008. Speaker
Seymour, Lynn, 1939- Speaker
Gottlieb, Robert, 1931- Speaker
- Added Title
Gift of Tessa Kennedy.
Gift of the Rudolf Nureyev Foundation.
- Research Call Number
*MGZIA 4-4210 RNC