- Additional Authors
- 2 videocassettes (VHS, NTSC) (53 min.) : si., col.; 1/2 in.
- Gift of the Rudolf Nureyev Foundation.
- Series Statement
- Rudolf Nureyev Collection.
- Uniform Title
- Sleeping beauty (Choreographic work : Hightower after Nijinska and Petipa, M)
- Motion pictures.
- Accompanied by data sheet.
- Credits (note)
- Scenery and costumes, Jacques Dupont.
- Event (note)
- Filmed in performance at the Palais des Sports, Paris, France, in May 1971, by Wallace Potts.
- Call Number
- *MGZIA 4-4138 RNC
The sleeping beauty [excerpts] [videorecording] / [presented by] the Ballet de l'Opéra de Marseille ; choreography by Rosella Hightower after Bronislava Nijinska and Marius Petipa.
Rudolf Nureyev Collection.
Filmed in performance at the Palais des Sports, Paris, France, in May 1971, by Wallace Potts.
Scenery and costumes, Jacques Dupont.
Danced by Rudolf Nureyev (Prince Désiré) and Noëlla Pontois (Princess Aurora) with the Ballet de l'Opéra de Marseille.
Excerpts from Acts II and III of the ballet, mainly featuring sequences danced by Rudolf Nureyev. The excerpts, most of which were filmed more than once, include the adagio and coda of the Act III grand pas de deux ; the prince's variations in Act II from the scene with his courtiers and the vision scene with Aurora ; and the game of blindman's buff from Act II, with the prince and ensemble of courtiers.
- Added Author
Nureyev, Rudolf, 1938-1993, dancer.
Pontois, Noëlla, 1943- dancer.
Hightower, Rosella, choreographer.
Dupont, Jacques. Designer. Costume designer
Potts, Wallace. Cinematographer
Opéra de Marseille. Ballet.
- Added Title
Sleeping beauty (Choreographic work : Hightower after Nijinska and Petipa, M)
Gift of the Rudolf Nureyev Foundation.
- Research Call Number
*MGZIA 4-4138 RNC