- Additional Authors
- 1 map : hand col.; 30 x 36 cm. folded into cover 13 x 8 cm.
- National Endowment for the Humanities Grant for Access to Early Maps of the Middle Atlantic Seaboard.
- Alternative Title
- Mitchell's map of Virginia
- Relief shown by hachures.
- "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1834 by S. Augustus Mitchell in the Clerks Office of the District Court of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
- Prime meridian: Washington.
- Inset: District of Columbia.
- Includes tables of "Principal stage routes through Virginia" and "Steamboat routes."
- Call Number
- Map Div. 01-5377
Young, J. H. (James Hamilton)
The tourist's pocket map of the state of Virginia : exhibiting its internal improvements, roads, distances, &c. / by J.H. Young ; engraved by E. Yeager & F. Dankworth.
Philadelphia : Published by S. Augustus Mitchell : Sold by Mitchell & Hinman, No. 6 North Fifth Street, 1834.
- Cartographic Data
Scale [ca. 1:2,000,000] (W 80⁰--W 74⁰/N 41⁰--N 36⁰).
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Yeager, E. (Edward)
Dankworth, Frederick, approximately 1804-
Mitchell, S. Augustus (Samuel Augustus), 1792-1868.
Mitchell & Hinman.
- Cover Title
Mitchell's map of Virginia
- Added Title
National Endowment for the Humanities Grant for Access to Early Maps of the Middle Atlantic Seaboard.
- Research Call Number
Map Div. 01-5377