- Additional Authors
- 1 videocassette (97 min.) : sd., col. (PAL); 1/2 in. (VHS)
- Gift of the Rudolf Nureyev Foundation.
- Series Statement
- Rudolf Nureyev Collection.
- Unedited footage.
- Accompanied by data sheet.
- For the telecast of Tribute, see: *MGZIA 4-4002 RNC Omnibus 25. [Rudolf Nureyev].
- Performer (note)
- Interviewees: Irek Mukhamedov, Merle Park, Jann Parry.
- Event (note)
- Recorded for Tribute, a television obituary of Rudolf Nureyev. The completed program was telecast by the BBC on Omnibus 25, on January 14, 1993.
- Irek Mukhamedov (ca. 27 min.) / Mukhamedov recalls the disfavor shown towards Nureyev and other defecting dancers during his youth in the Soviet Union ; his first view, on video, of Nureyev as a dancer ; his first meeting with Nureyev and discovery of their shared Tatar backgrounds ; working with Nureyev on The sleeping beauty at the Paris Opéra Ballet. He compares Nureyev's Don Quixote with the version he danced with the Bolshoi Ballet, and describes Nureyev as his model of a male dancer.
- Merle Park (ca. 41 min.) / Park, who frequently danced as Nureyev's partner with the Royal Ballet and Nureyev and Friends, portrays him in warm and affectionate terms, describing him as a brother. She recalls working with him on his version of The nutcracker, praises the programs of one-act ballets he compiled for Nureyev and Friends, describes his qualities as a partner, and discusses the reciprocal rewards of his association with the Royal Ballet.
- Jann Parry (ca. 29 min.) / Parry, a dance critic, explores both the light and dark sides of Nureyev's career: his perfectionism as a classical dancer ; his strengths as an actor ; his efforts to expand his range ; the equivocal results of his experiments with modern dance ; the collusion between him and his audience in attempting to retain his youthful image after youth was past ; the disappearance of his magic in his final years.
- Call Number
- *MGZIA 4-4023 RNC
[Tribute. Unedited interview footage] [videorecording] / BBC.
- Country of Producing Entity
Rudolf Nureyev Collection.
Recorded for Tribute, a television obituary of Rudolf Nureyev. The completed program was telecast by the BBC on Omnibus 25, on January 14, 1993.
Interviewees: Irek Mukhamedov, Merle Park, Jann Parry.
Unedited footage of interviews recorded for Tribute, a television obituary of Rudolf Nureyev. The interviewees discuss their perceptions of Nureyev as a dancer, choreographer, and private person. Each interviewee also contributes the special insights of his or her own standpoint.
- Added Author
Mukhamedov, Irek, 1960- interviewee.
Park, Merle. Interviewee
Parry, Jann. Interviewee
British Broadcasting Corporation. Television Service.
- Added Title
Gift of the Rudolf Nureyev Foundation.
- Research Call Number
*MGZIA 4-4023 RNC