- Additional Authors
- 4 p. of music : ill.,; 35 cm.
- National Endowment for the Arts Millennium Project.
- Series Statement
- Treasures of the American Performing Arts, 1875-1923
- For piano.
- Cover photograph by Dietz of Irene and Vernon Castle dancing in front of a mirror.
- "Featured by Mr. & Mrs. Vernon Castle"--Cover.
- The maxixe was a Brazilian urban dance which appeared in Rio de Janeiro around 1870. A dance form associated with a popularized Brazilian polka and tango, it employed a buoyant melodic line and was composed in the same eight-bar sections as the polka.
- Additional Formats (note)
- Also available in electronic form, digitized by The New York Public Library.
- Call Number
- Music (Sheet) 99-369
Europe, James Reese, 1881-1919.
Castle maxixe : Brazilian maxixe / James Reese Europe and Ford T. Dabney.
New York : Jos. W. Stern, c1914.
Treasures of the American Performing Arts, 1875-1923
- Additional Formats
Also available in electronic form, digitized by The New York Public Library.
- Connect to:
- Indexed Term
- Added Author
Dabney, Ford T., 1883-1958.
Dietz (New York, N.Y.) Photographer
Jos. W. Stern & Co. Publisher
- Added Title
National Endowment for the Arts Millennium Project.
- Publisher No.
7767-4 Jos. W. Stern
- Research Call Number
Music (Sheet) 99-369