- Additional Authors
- Griffith, D. W. (David Wark), 1875-1948.
- Dixon, Thomas, Jr., 1864-1946.
- Hughes, Rupert, 1872-1956.
- Bitzer, G. W., 1872-1944.
- Breil, Joseph Carl, 1870-1926.
- Woods, Frank E.
- Epoch Producing Corporation.
- Found In
- Lillian Gish papers Professional work files, box 52, folder 12
- [10 pages] : ill.; 30 cm.
- National Endowment for the Arts Millennium Project.
- Series Statement
- Treasures of the American Performing Arts, 1875-1923
- Alternative Title
- Birth of a nation.
- The clansman.
- Long, Walter, 1879-1952
- Cooper, Miriam, 1891-1976
- Gish, Lillian, 1893-1993
- Historical re-creations
- Lewis, Ralph, 1872-1937
- Harron, Robert, 1894-1920
- Silent films > United States
- Walthall, Henry B (Henry Brazeale), 1878-1936
- Motion pictures > United States > 1911-1920
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) > Drama
- Marsh, Mae, 1895-1968
- Ku-Klux Klan (1866-1869) Drama
- Crisp, Donald, 1880-1974
- Reid, Wallace, 1891-1923
- Griffith, D. W (David Wark), 1875-1948
- United States > History > Civil War, 1861-1865 > Drama
- Historical re-creations.
- Title from cover.
- Souvenir program of the 1915 silent film Birth of a nation, based on Thomas Dixon's story The clansman, scenario by D. W. Griffith and Frank E. Woods, music by Joseph Carl Breil, photography by G. W. Bitzer, under the direction of Epoch Producing Corporation and D. W. Griffith.
- "The most stupendous and fascinating motion picture drama created in the United States"--Page 
- Cast included Lillian Gish, Mae Marsh, Henry B. Walthall, Miriam Cooper, Ralph Lewis, Wallace Reid, Robert Harron, Walter Long, and Donald Crisp.
- Additional Formats (note)
- Also available in electronic form, digitized by The New York Public Library.
- Call Number
- *T-Mss 1996-011 Lillian Gish papers. Professional work files, box 52, folder 12
D.W. Griffith's Birth of a nation.
New York : Epoch Producing Corp., c1915.
Treasures of the American Performing Arts, 1875-1923
An illustrated program including the cast of characters, an article on D. W. Griffith, a tribute to the motion picture by Rupert Hughes, an article by Thomas Dixon, a plot synopsis, technical details of the motion picture, and a selection of favorable reviews. Illustrated by scenes from the motion picture including cameo portraits of Lillian Gish, Mae Marsh, Miriam Cooper, Henry Walthall, and Ralph Lewis.
- Additional Formats
Also available in electronic form, digitized by The New York Public Library.
- Local Note
Pages separated; edges seriously eroded.
- Connect to:
- Indexed Term
- Added Author
Griffith, D. W. (David Wark), 1875-1948.
Dixon, Thomas, Jr., 1864-1946.
Hughes, Rupert, 1872-1956.
Bitzer, G. W., 1872-1944.
Breil, Joseph Carl, 1870-1926.
Woods, Frank E.
Epoch Producing Corporation.
- Added Title
National Endowment for the Arts Millennium Project.
- Found In:
Lillian Gish papers Professional work files, box 52, folder 12
- Research Call Number
*T-Mss 1996-011 Lillian Gish papers. Professional work files, box 52, folder 12