- Additional Authors
- Verdy, Violette, 1933-2016
- Villella, Edward, 1936-
- Franklin, Frederic, 1914-2013
- Petrov, Nicolas
- Petipa, Marius, 1818-1910
- Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilich, 1840-1893.
- Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre.
- 2 streaming video files (NTSC) (119 min.) : sd., b&w.
- Gift of Nicolas Petrov.
- Uniform Title
- Swan lake (Choreographic work : Franklin and Petrov)
- Title and principal dancers from photographed poster on frame.
- Location given as Syria Mosque on original case.
- Accompanied by house program for Heinz Hall for the Performing Arts, December 1 and 3, 1972, a performance led by Dagmar Kessler and Peter Schaufuss.
- Access (note)
- Patrons can access streaming video file only at the Library for the Performing Arts.
- Event (note)
- Videotaped in performance, probably at the Syria Mosque, Pittsburgh, Pa., on February 26, 1971. Tape ends before conclusion of ballet.
- Funding (note)
- Preservation of this video was supported by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
- Call Number
- *MGZIDF 9792
Swan lake [electronic resource] / [presented by] Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre ; choreography by Marius Petipa, Frederic Franklin and Nicolas Petrov ; music by Peter Ilich Tchaikovsky.
- Country of Producing Entity
Videotaped in performance, probably at the Syria Mosque, Pittsburgh, Pa., on February 26, 1971. Tape ends before conclusion of ballet.
Danced by Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre.
Guest artists: Violette Verdy (Odette-Odile), Edward Villella (Prince Siegfried).
This version of Swan lake includes a classical sequence for three couples and three women (called a pas de six in the program) after the entrance of Odile and Rothbart in Act III, which Petrov apparently introduced in his 1970 staging of the ballet. The order of divertissements on this recording (Spanish, Russian, Neapolitan, Hungarian and mazurka) also follows Petrov's 1970 version. Act I, however, includes a Gypsy soloist and a pas de trois which do not appear in the 1970 version. The accompanying program, for a 1972 performance, lists the Act I Gypsy and pas de trois, but not the Act III pas de six, and differs in the order of divertissements.
- Restricted Access
Patrons can access streaming video file only at the Library for the Performing Arts.
Preservation of this video was supported by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
- Local Note
Former call number: *MGZIC 9-6211.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Verdy, Violette, 1933-2016, dancer.
Villella, Edward, 1936- dancer.
Franklin, Frederic, 1914-2013, choreographer.
Petrov, Nicolas, choreographer.
Petipa, Marius, 1818-1910, choreographer.
Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilich, 1840-1893. Composer
Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre.
- Added Title
Swan lake (Choreographic work : Franklin and Petrov)
Gift of Nicolas Petrov.
- Research Call Number
*MGZIC 9-6211 (former)