- Additional Authors
- Evetts, Deborah.
- 1 v. (46 drawings on  leaves : brown ink); 15 x 22 cm.
- The drawing on leaf  reproduces the illustrated t.p. of the first ed. of the Book of nonsense, except for the book's imprint, which read: Published Feb. 10, 1846 by Thos. McLean, 26 Haymarket [London]. Statement of responsibility from label on spine.
- Each drawing accompanied by a limerick in the artist's holograph.
- Probably executed in the early 1850s for the children of Edmund Law Lushington. Cf. article by Nancy Finlay in Biblion, v. 7, no. 1 (fall 1998), p. 5-19 (includes reproductions of 7 of the drawings and the binding).
- Binding: Ochre morocco, black-stamped, by Deborah Evetts; image of a Lear bird on both boards.
- Call Number
- Spencer Coll. Eng. 1850 99-37
Lear, Edward, 1812-1888. Artist
Book of nonsense [graphic] / E. Lear.
- Added Author
Evetts, Deborah. Binder
- Research Call Number
Spencer Coll. Eng. 1850 99-37