- Additional Authors
- Pickett, Lenny.
- Bargeron, David.
- Clouden, Leroy.
- Ecklund, Peter.
- Elson, Steve.
- Harrison, Stan.
- Naranjo, Valerie.
- Becker, Peter.
- Simms, George.
- Sandström, Phil.
- Dance Theater Workshop.
- Video D Studios.
- 2 streaming video files (NTSC) (76 min.) : sd., col.
- Gift of Dance Theater Workshop.
- Access (note)
- Patrons can access streaming video files only at the Library for the Performing Arts.
- Credits (note)
- Lighting, Phil Sandström.
- Event (note)
- Videotaped in performance at Dance Theater Workshop's Bessie Schönberg Theater, New York, as part of Bands on the Run, on February 25, 1991, by Video D Studios.
- Reel 1 (ca. 36 min.). Two solos: After Kyro [and] Between titles -- Notebook song -- Snow on the desert -- A short march into the future -- Alex Foster.
- Reel 2 (ca. 40 min.). Five songs from Welfare / libretto, David Slavitt ; based on a film by Frederick Wiseman ; sections of the work are: Introduction, It's catching, Five, The Geraldo Rivera waltz, The love song -- Encore: excerpt from The man who never wasn't, composed in 1983 in collaboration with choreographer Yoshiko Chuma.
- Call Number
- *MGZIDF 4907
Lenny Pickett [electronic resource] / presented by Dance Theater Workshop ; music by Lenny Pickett.
- Country of Producing Entity
Videotaped in performance at Dance Theater Workshop's Bessie Schönberg Theater, New York, as part of Bands on the Run, on February 25, 1991, by Video D Studios.
Lighting, Phil Sandström.
Musicians: David Bargeron (trombone, tuba) ; Leroy Clouden (battery, percussion) ; Peter Ecklund (trumpet, cornet, flugelhorn, guitar) ; Steve Elson (baritone saxophone, bass saxophone, bass clarinet, flute, piccolo, accordion) ; Stan Harrison (alto saxophone, soprano saxophone, flute, banjo) ; Lenny Pickett (tenor saxophone, E flat clarinet, B flat clarinet, bass clarinet, contrabass clarinet, sarrusophone, melodica) ; Valerie Naranjo (mallets, percussion).
Singers: Peter Becker (baritone), Briz (baritone), Susan Gregory (soprano), Jimmy Justice (tenor), Ronin (contralto), George Simms (tenor).
Concert of instrumental and vocal music ; no dance content.
- Restricted Access
Patrons can access streaming video files only at the Library for the Performing Arts.
- Local Note
Former call number: *MGZIC 9-5919.
Additional Copy: None.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Pickett, Lenny. Composer. Instrumentalist
Bargeron, David. Instrumentalist
Clouden, Leroy. Instrumentalist
Ecklund, Peter. Instrumentalist
Elson, Steve. Instrumentalist
Harrison, Stan. Instrumentalist
Naranjo, Valerie. Instrumentalist
Becker, Peter. Singer
Simms, George. Singer
Sandström, Phil. Lighting designer
Dance Theater Workshop.
Video D Studios.
- Added Title
Gift of Dance Theater Workshop.
- Research Call Number
*MGZIC 9-5919 (former)