- Additional Authors
- 2 v. : ill; 18 cm.
- Pagination: v. 1: , 125, 196 p.,  leaves of plates; v. 2: , 153, 143 p.,  leaves of plates.
- Printer's imprint: "London: Printed by B. M'Millan, Bow Street, Covent Garden."
- Illustrations: Four engravings with aquatint by C. Knight, each illustrating one of the stories.
- Access (note)
- v. 1. A tale of warning, or, The victims of indolence. -- Bear and forebear, or, The history of Julia Marchmont. -- v. 2. Matilda Mortimer, or, False pride. -- Rose and Agnes, or, The dangers of partiality.
- Call Number
- Pforz JUV-LIB (Woodland, M. Histories of four young ladies)
Woodland, Miss (M.)
Histories of four young ladies : intended to illustrate the force of education, and the danger of mistakes in the commencement of life. By Miss Woodland.
London : Printed for M. J. Godwin, at the Juvenile Library, no. 41, Skinner Street, and to be had of all booksellers. 1814.
The second edition.
- Restricted Access
Restricted access; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
- Local Note
Pforzheimer copy: Bound in brown half-calf, rebacked with blind decorations and gilt titling, French shell boards.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Knight, Charles, 1743-1827? Engraver
M. J. Godwin and Co. Publisher
McMillan, Buchanan, active 1784-1834. Printer
- Research Call Number
Pforz JUV-LIB (Woodland, M. Histories of four young ladies)