- Additional Authors
- 1 streaming video file (20 min., 58 sec.) : sd., col.; 3/4 in.
- 1 videocassette (U-matic, NTSC) (21 min.) : sd., col. ;
- Gift of Jane Goldberg.
- Series Statement
- Jane Goldberg's Wandering shoes tap(h)istory featuring tip top tapes, tapalogues, tapology and tapperabilia.
- Title provided by Jane Goldberg.
- For the completed documentary on this workshop, see *MGZIC 9-5600 By word of foot I.
- Access (note)
- Patrons can access streaming video file online only at the Library for the Performing Arts.
- Performer (note)
- Instructors: Leon Collins, Buster Brown.
- Interviewer: Jane Goldberg.
- Pianist: Jim Roberts.
- Event (note)
- Videotaped at the Village Gate, New York, on October 16, 1980.
- Conclusion of Leon Collins's 1:30PM class (ca. 9 min.), which began on *MGZIC 9-5773. He is assisted by Pam Raff.
- Beginning of Buster Brown's afternoon class (ca. 11 min.). In the opening interview, Brown describes and demonstrates his style of dancing, which involves fluid body movement, and credits Snake Hips Tucker as his inspiration. He demonstrates the paddle and roll; talks about the unique style of Baby Laurence (Laurence Donald Jackson); dances to "I got rhythm"; and demonstrates the dance "Ballin' the jack," which he teaches in *MGZIC 9-5767, which continues this session.
- Call Number
- *MGZIDF 7502
By word of foot I, tap masters pass on their tradition, Leon Collins and Buster Brown [videorecording]
October 16, 1980.
- Country of Producing Entity
Jane Goldberg's Wandering shoes tap(h)istory featuring tip top tapes, tapalogues, tapology and tapperabilia.
Instructors: Leon Collins, Buster Brown.
Interviewer: Jane Goldberg.
Pianist: Jim Roberts.
Videotaped at the Village Gate, New York, on October 16, 1980.
Part of the documentation of the week-long tap dancing workshop By word of foot I, presented by the Changing Times Tap Dancing Company on October 13-18, 1980. This tape contains segments of two tap dancing classes.
- Restricted Access
Patrons can access streaming video file online only at the Library for the Performing Arts.
- Local Note
Former call number: *MGZIC 9-5732.
- Connect to:
- Local Subject
Dance workshops and workshop performances.
Television. By word of foot.
- Added Author
Collins, Leon. Teacher
Raff, Pamela, dancer.
Brown, Buster, 1913-2002. Teacher. Interviewee
Goldberg, Jane, 1948- Interviewer
Roberts, Jim. Instrumentalist
Changing Times Tap Dancing Company.
- Added Title
Gift of Jane Goldberg.
- Research Call Number