- Additional Authors
- 42 prints : etching, engraving, aquatint, lithograph, wood engraving; 36 x 54.2 cm. or smaller.
- Putnam, Israel, 1718-1790
- Prints > United States > 19th century
- Portraits > United States > 19th century
- Portraits > United States > 18th century
- United States > History > Revolution, 1775-1783
- Old Fort Niagara (N.Y.)
- Hudson River (N.Y. and N.J.)
- Hudson Highlands (N.Y.)
- Havana (Cuba)
- Halifax (N.S.)
- Greenwich (Conn.)
- George, Lake (N.Y. : Lake)
- Military officers > United States
- Houses > Connecticut > Greenwich
- Bunker Hill, Battle of, Boston, Mass., 1775
- Wolfe, James, 1727-1759
- Warren, Joseph, 1741-1775
- Stark, John, 1728-1822
- Schuyler, Philip John, 1733-1804
- Putnam, Israel, 1718-1790 > Homes and haunts
- Prescott, William, 1726-1795
- Pitt, William, Earl of Chatham, 1708-1778
- Johnson, William, 1715-1774
- Amherst, Jeffery Amherst, Baron, 1717-1797
- Portraits – United States – 18th century.
- Portraits – United States – 19th century.
- Prints – United States – 19th century.
- Printmakers include J.B. Forrest, J.N. Gimbrede, H.B. Hall and John Hill.
- Title from Calendar of the Emmet Collection.
- Access (note)
- Cite As (note)
- Indexes/Finding Aids (note)
- Linking Entry (note)
- Forms part of Emmet Collection of Manuscripts Etc. Relating to American History.
- EM8043. Maj. Gen. Israel Putnam / D.C. Hinman -- EM8044. [Flag of Putnam Phalanx] / J.C. Buttre -- EM8046. [Jo. Endicott] First Governor of Massachusetts / D.L. Glover -- EM8047. Birthplace of General Israel Putnam -- EM8048. [Israel Putnam] -- EM8049. Major General Israel Putnam -- EM8051. A View of Niagara Fort taken by Sir William Johnson -- EM8052. Sr. William Johnson Bart. -- EM8056. Lac George et village de Caldwell / L. Sabatier -- EM8058. Sabbath Day Point / A.L. Dick -- EM8060. The Rt. Honble. the Earl of Loudon Captn. General & Governour in Chief of his Majestys Forces in North America -- EM8061. Governor's House and St. Mather's Meeting House in Holles Street, also looking up George Street, shews part of the Parade and Citadel-Hill at Halifax in Nova Scotia... / Aveline -- EM8063. William Earl of Chath[am] / I.K. Sherwin -- EM8065. Geo. Augustus 3rd Viscount Howe ob. 1758 / Swaine -- EM8066. View near Fort Miller / J. Hill -- EM8067. Chûtes générales de l'Hudson à Sandy Hill / A. Arnout -- EM8068. Louis Joseph Marquis de Montcalm / H.B. Hall -- EM8069. Ph. Schuyler / H.B. Hall & Sons -- EM8070. A perspective view of the town & fortifications of Montreal in Canada / D. Pomarede -- EM8071. General Amherst / Miller -- EM8072. Der General Wolf... / Carl Guttenberg -- EM8073. A view of the entrance of the harbour of the Havana, taken from within the wrecks / Peter Canot -- EM8077. [Putnam hearing news of the battle of Lexington]
- EM8078. Maj. Genl. John Stark / O. Pelton -- EM8081. Warren's monument -- EM8082. A view of Boston taken on the road to Dorchester -- EM8083. The midnight march - the American troops, under Colonel William Prescott, taking possession of Breed's Hill on the night of June 16th, 1775 / Hyde -- EM8085. Fortifying Breed's Hill in the night June 16 1775 / S. Hollyer -- EM8086. Joseph Warren / Thos. Illman -- EM8087. The redoubt and breastwork of the American forces on Breed's Hill, Charlestown, Mass. at dawn on the morning of June 17th, 1775 -- EM8088. The Battle at Bunker's Hill / J.N. Gimbrede -- EM8088A. Key to the Battle at Bunker's Hill -- EM8091. [Monument to] Colonel William Prescott -- EM8092. Bedford Corners, in 1776 (looking east, along the road to Jamaica) / J.F. Davis-Speer -- EM8093. The Battle Pass (in Prospect Park, Brooklyn) / J.F. Davis-Speer -- EM8097. Mrs. Robert Murray entertaining British officers while Putnam escapes -- EM8098. Lt. Gen. Burgoyne / S. Hollyer -- EM8100. Hudson Highlands from Bull Hill / E. Benjamin -- EM8103. The Temple - View of the campground -- EM8104. Revd. Timothy Dwight, S.T.D., L.L.D. / J.B. Forrest -- EM8105. The Tracy House - Putnam's headquarters at Greenwich.
- Call Number
Emmet, Thomas Addis, 1828-1919. Collector
The generals of the American Revolution. V. 2: Israel Putnam [graphic]
- Restricted Access
Restricted access; Print Collection; Permit must be requested at the division indicated.
Portraits of people and pictures of events associated with the life and military career of Revolutionary War general Israel Putnam. Includes views of Old Fort Niagara, Greenwich, Conn., Halifax, N.S., Havana, Cuba, the Hudson Highlands, Lake George, Montreal and the Battle of Bunker Hill.
- Cite As:
- Linking Entry
Forms part of Emmet Collection of Manuscripts Etc. Relating to American History.
Finding aid available.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Forrest, J. B. (John B.), approximately 1814-1870. Engraver
Gimbrede, Joseph Napoleon, 1820- Engraver
Hall, Henry Bryan, 1808-1884. Engraver
Hill, John, 1770-1850. Engraver
- Research Call Number