- Additional Authors
- 1 streaming video file (30 min.) : sd., col.
- Series Statement
- Working with Ulysses Dove.
- Recording made possible by the Jerome Robbins Archive of the Recorded Moving Image of the Dance Collection of The New York Public Library in cooperation with Arts Resources in Collaboration Inc., Celia Ipiotis and Jeff Bush.
- Unedited footage.
- Access (note)
- Patrons can access streaming video file online only at the Library for the Performing Arts.
- Credits (note)
- Camera, Juan Barrera ; audio, Molly McBride.
- Performer (note)
- Interviewer: Celia Ipiotis.
- Interviewees: Peter Boal, Desmond Richardson.
- Event (note)
- Videotaped in New York on June 18, 1996, by Sathya Production Services.
- Funding (note)
- Recorded with the assistance of grants from New York State Council on the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts.
- Call Number
- *MGZIDF 2383
Working with Ulysses Dove. Peter Boal, Desmond Richardson [electronic resource]
- Country of Producing Entity
Working with Ulysses Dove.
Videotaped in New York on June 18, 1996, by Sathya Production Services.
Camera, Juan Barrera ; audio, Molly McBride.
Interviewer: Celia Ipiotis.
Interviewees: Peter Boal, Desmond Richardson.
Peter Boal, a dancer with New York City Ballet, and Desmond Richardson, a former member of the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, discuss works choreographed by Ulysses Dove for their respective companies. Boal, whose first exposure to Dove's choreography was Serious pleasures, created for American Ballet Theatre, talks about Red angels and Twilight, Dove's last work. Richardson discusses Bad blood and Episodes. Both dancers describe the emotional and physical intensity of Dove's choreography, his special sense of rhythm and phrasing, his use of imagery to draw out the type of performances he wanted, and his overwhelming interest in human relationships as a theme for dance.
Recorded with the assistance of grants from New York State Council on the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts.
- Original Version
Archival Original: 1 videocassette (Betacam SP) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
- Restricted Access
Patrons can access streaming video file online only at the Library for the Performing Arts.
- Local Note
Former call number: *MGZIC 9-5162.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Boal, Peter. Interviewee
Richardson, Desmond. Interviewee
Ipiotis, Celia. Interviewer
Bush, Jeffrey C.
Barrera, Juan. Videographer
Arts Resources in Collaboration.
New York Public Library. Dance Collection.
Sathya Production Services (Firm)
- Research Call Number