- Additional Authors
- 1 streaming video file (NTSC) (23 min.) : sd., col.
- Unedited footage.
- Title from information provided by Jane Sherman.
- Access (note)
- Patrons can access streaming video file only at the Library for the Performing Arts.
- Performer (note)
- Interviewee: Jane Sherman.
- Event (note)
- Videotaped at Jacob's Pillow, Lee, Massachusetts, in summer 1982, by Ron and Nan Honsa.
- Funding (note)
- Preservation of this video was supported by a donation from Lynn Garafola.
- Call Number
- *MGZIDF 3340
[Jane Sherman at Jacob's Pillow] [electronic resource]
- Country of Producing Entity
Interviewee: Jane Sherman.
Videotaped at Jacob's Pillow, Lee, Massachusetts, in summer 1982, by Ron and Nan Honsa.
Unedited footage of an interview intended for use in a forthcoming documentary on the life and work of Ted Shawn. Jane Sherman, a former member of the Denishawn Dancers, reminisces about her experiences with the company, particularly during their tours of Asia in 1925 and with the Ziegfeld Follies in 1927. She recalls the company's founders, Ruth St. Denis and Ted Shawn, as performers and in private life. In looking back at her own early dance studies, she notes the limitations of dance in the United States at that time, and pays tribute to the advances made by Denishawn and its school. She also discusses the reconstruction of Denishawn dances and the importance of recapturing their unique spirit.
- Restricted Access
Patrons can access streaming video file only at the Library for the Performing Arts.
Preservation of this video was supported by a donation from Lynn Garafola.
- Local Note
Former call number: *MGZIC 9-5085.
- Connect to:
- Local Subject
Denishawn dances, Revivals of.
Choreography -- Reconstruction.
- Added Author
Sherman, Jane. Interviewee
Honsa, Ron. Videographer
Honsa, Nan. Videographer
- Research Call Number
*MGZIC 9-5085 (former)