- Additional Authors
- 1 streaming video file (NTSC) (61 min.) : sd., col.
- Gift of Ratilekha Mitra.
- Educational/cultural films and programs.
- Access (note)
- Patrons can access streaming video file only at the Library for the Performing Arts.
- Credits (note)
- Presented by (?) E.T.C. Workshop, New York ; guru, Raghunnath Dutta ; technical assistance, Barbara Wybraniec.
- Performer (note)
- Funding (note)
- Preservation of this video was supported by a donation from Lynn Garafola.
- Mangala charan / dance of invocation -- Batu nritya / dance based on rituals associated with the worship of Shiva -- Pallavi shankara bharan [announced on tape as Shankara pallavi] / abstract movement -- Kuru yadunandana / dance accompanied by narration from the Gita Govinda, a poem celebrating the love of Krishna and Radha -- Dasavatar / dance depicting the ten incarnations of Vishnu -- Shanta karum / invocation to Vishnu -- Interview with Ratilekha.
- Call Number
- *MGZIDF 3288
Blossoms of dance at the feet of the Lord [electronic resource] : Odissi temple dance / [performed] by Ratilekha Mitra.
Medina, OH : Dr. Kunal Mitra, c1994.
- Country of Producing Entity
Presented by (?) E.T.C. Workshop, New York ; guru, Raghunnath Dutta ; technical assistance, Barbara Wybraniec.
Performance of Odissi temple dance (ca. 48 min.), from the Indian state of Orissa, followed by an interview with Ratilekha (ca. 13 min.), who discusses the religious origins and functions of the dance, and aspects of its choreography, music, and texts.
Preservation of this video was supported by a donation from Lynn Garafola.
- Restricted Access
Patrons can access streaming video file only at the Library for the Performing Arts.
- Local Note
Former call number: *MGZIC 9-4666.
Additional Copy: None.
- Connect to:
- Local Subject
Ritual and ceremonial dancing -- India.
- Added Author
Ratilekha, dancer. Interviewee
Jayadeva, active 12th century. Gītagovinda. Latin & Sanskrit.
- Added Title
Gift of Ratilekha Mitra.
- Research Call Number
*MGZIC 9-4666 (former)