- [Margot Fonteyn] [videorecording]
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
Not available - Please for assistance.
|Moving image||Use in library||*MGZIC 9-4489||Performing Arts Research Collections - Dance|
- Additional Authors
- Fonteyn, Margot, 1919-1991
- Nureyev, Rudolf, 1938-1993
- Ashton, Frederick, 1904-1988
- Burton, Richard, 1925-1984
- Davis, Sammy, Jr., 1925-1990
- Róna, Viktor, 1936-1994
- Wall, David
- Blair, David, 1932-1976
- Shaw, Brian, 1928-1992
- Sibley, Antoinette
- Somes, Michael, 1917-1994
- Lindsay, Rosemary
- White, Franklin, 1923 or 1924-2013
- Anisimova, Nina Aleksandrovna, 1909-
- Petipa, Marius, 1818-1910
- Ivanov, Lev, 1834-1901
- Sergeev, Nikolaĭ Grigor'evich, 1876-1951
- Fokine, Michel, 1880-1942
- Money, Keith
- Havelock-Allan, Anthony
- Asquith, Anthony, 1902-1968
- Czinner, Paul, 1890-1972
- Rank, J. Arthur, 1888-1972
- Royal Ballet, dancer.
- 2 videocassettes (U-matic, NTSC) (124 min.) : sd., col.; 3/4 in.
- Compilation of a complete film documentary and excerpts from two filmed stage performances.
- Uniform Title
- Birthday offering (Choreographic work : Ashton)
- Gayane (Choreographic work : Anisimova)
- Sleeping beauty (Choreographic work : Ashton and Sergeev, N after Petipa, M)
- Swan lake (Choreographic work : Ashton and Sergeev, N after Ivanov and Petipa, M)
- Corsair (Choreographic work : Nureyev after Petipa, M). Pas de deux.
- Firebird (Choreographic work : Grigoriev and Tchernicheva after Fokin)
- Documentaries and factual films and programs.
- Cassette 1. Margot Fonteyn (1970 ; ca. 55 min.) / produced by Degamo Productions ; producers, Adrian Gaye and Keith Money ; executive producer, Conway Wilson-Young ; director/writer, Keith Money ; narrator, Patrick Allen ; introduced by Richard Burton. Documentary on the ballerina's life and career, much of it told in her own words. She is seen rehearsing in the studio and onstage, at home in Panama with her husband Dr. Roberto Arias, and traveling to various engagements around the world. Dance excerpts include a dress rehearsal of Sir Frederick Ashton's Birthday offering, supervised by the choreographer, in which she is partnered by Rudolf Nureyev; a film version of the Gayane pas de deux (choreography, Nina Anisimova ; music, Aram Khachaturian), danced by Fonteyn and Viktor Rona; excerpts from the Royal Ballet's production of The sleeping beauty, Act I, including Aurora's entrée variation and the Rose adagio; and a studio rehearsal of Swan lake with David Wall. Commentaries are offered by Burton, Sammy Davis, Jr., and Fonteyn's mother.
- An evening with the Royal Ballet: Le corsaire [pas de deux] (c1963 ; ca. 7 min.) / produced by Anthony Havelock-Allan for British Home Entertainment, Ltd. ; director, Anthony Havelock-Allan ; choreography, Rudolf Nureyev ; music, Riccardo Drigo ; performed by Fonteyn and Nureyev -- Cassette 2. Le corsaire, concluded (ca. 2 min.).
- An evening with the Royal Ballet: Aurora's wedding [Act III of The sleeping beauty] (c1963 ; ca. 32 min.) / produced by Anthony Havelock-Allan for British Home Entertainment, Ltd. ; director, Anthony Asquith ; choreography, Nikolai Sergeev after Marius Petipa ; music, Peter Ilich Tchaikovsky ; scenery/costumes, Oliver Messel ; performed by the Royal Ballet: Fonteyn (Princess Aurora) ; David Blair (Prince Florimund) ; Graham Usher, Merle Park, and Georgina Parkinson (Prince Florestan and his sisters) ; Antoinette Sibley and Brian Shaw (Bluebird pas de deux) ; Douglas Steuart and Virginia Wakelyn (Puss-in-boots and the White cat) ; Ann Howard and Ronald Plaisted (Red Riding Hood and the Wolf) ; Alexander Grant, Keith Milland, and Lawrence Ruffell (the three Ivans) ; Leslie Edwards (Cattalabutte) ; Ray Powell (Carabosse) ; Deanne Bergsma (Lilac fairy) ; Derek Rencher and Gerd Larsen (King Florestan and his queen) ; and others.
- The Royal Ballet: Firebird [excerpt] (1960, ca. 28 min.) / produced by Paul Czinner for Poetic Films Ltd. ; presented by J. Arthur Rank ; director, Paul Czinner ; choreography, Serge Grigoriev and Lubov Tchernicheva after Michel Fokine ; music, Igor Stravinsky ; scenery/costumes, Natalia Gontcharova ; performed by the Royal Ballet: Fonteyn (the firebird), Michael Somes (Prince Ivan), Rosemary Lindsay (the beautiful Tsarevna), Franklin White (Immortal Kastchei), and others.
- Call Number
- *MGZIC 9-4489
- [Margot Fonteyn] [videorecording]
- Country of Producing Entity
- Performed by Margot Fonteyn and others.
- Local Subject
- Ballet in motion pictures. An evening with the Royal Ballet.Ballet in motion pictures. Royal Ballet.
- Added Author
- Fonteyn, Margot, 1919-1991, dancer.Nureyev, Rudolf, 1938-1993, dancer, choreographer.Ashton, Frederick, 1904-1988, choreographer.Burton, Richard, 1925-1984, commentator.Davis, Sammy, Jr., 1925-1990, commentator.Róna, Viktor, 1936-1994, dancer.Wall, David, dancer.Blair, David, 1932-1976, dancer.Shaw, Brian, 1928-1992, dancer.Sibley, Antoinette, dancer.Somes, Michael, 1917-1994, dancer.Lindsay, Rosemary, dancer.White, Franklin, 1923 or 1924-2013, dancer.Anisimova, Nina Aleksandrovna, 1909- choreographer.Petipa, Marius, 1818-1910, choreographer.Ivanov, Lev, 1834-1901, choreographer.Sergeev, Nikolaĭ Grigor'evich, 1876-1951, choreographer.Fokine, Michel, 1880-1942, choreographer.Money, Keith, film producer.Money, Keith, film director.Money, Keith, film screenwriter.Havelock-Allan, Anthony, film producer.Havelock-Allan, Anthony, film director.Asquith, Anthony, 1902-1968, film director.Czinner, Paul, 1890-1972, film producer.Czinner, Paul, 1890-1972, film director.Rank, J. Arthur, 1888-1972, film producer.Royal Ballet, dancer.DHCA.
- Added Title
- Birthday offering (Choreographic work : Ashton)Gayane (Choreographic work : Anisimova)Sleeping beauty (Choreographic work : Ashton and Sergeev, N after Petipa, M)Swan lake (Choreographic work : Ashton and Sergeev, N after Ivanov and Petipa, M)Corsair (Choreographic work : Nureyev after Petipa, M). Pas de deux.Firebird (Choreographic work : Grigoriev and Tchernicheva after Fokin)
- Research Call Number
- *MGZIC 9-4489