- Additional Authors
- 1 streaming video file (55 min., 45 sec.) : sd., col.; 3/4 in.
- 1 videocassette (U-matic, NTSC) (56 min.) : sd., col. ;
- Series Statement
- Speaking of dance
- Uniform Title
- Growing up in public (Choreographic work : Charlip and Hoving)
- Series subtitle: Conversations with contemporary masters of American modern dance. Produced by American Dance Festival (ADF) Video. Producer/director: Douglas Rosenberg. Executive producers: Charles and Stephanie Reinhart, American Dance Festival. Camera: Charles Newman and Kurt Lundblad. Interview assisted by Laurie Landis.
- Access (note)
- Patrons can access streaming video file online only at the Library for the Performing Arts.
- Call Number
- *MGZIDF 8867
Speaking of dance: Lucas Hoving [videorecording]
Speaking of dance
An interview with Lucas Hoving and scenes of his composition class, interspersed with excerpts of his performance of Growing up in public, recorded at the American Dance Festival in Durham, North Carolina, on July 19, 1989. This piece, conceived and directed by Remy Charlip, is a monologue in words and movement in which Hoving looks back upon memorable moments of his life. In the interview, he discusses working with Charlip on this piece; reminisces about his experiences in the dance companies of Kurt Jooss, Martha Graham, and José Limón, and recalls dancing with Agnes de Mille. Charlip shares his perceptions of Hoving as teacher and performer.
- Restricted Access
Patrons can access streaming video file online only at the Library for the Performing Arts.
- Local Note
Former call number: *MGZIC 9-3884.
- Connect to:
- Local Subject
Television. Speaking of dance.
- Added Author
Hoving, Lucas. Interviewee. Performer
Charlip, Remy. Conceptor
Charlip, Remy. Director
Charlip, Remy. Speaker
Rosenberg, Douglas. Producer. Director
Reinhart, Charles. Producer
Reinhart, Stephanie. Producer
American Dance Festival.
- Added Title
Growing up in public (Choreographic work : Charlip and Hoving)
- Research Call Number