The Leningrad legend [videorecording]
- The Leningrad legend [videorecording]
Items in the Library & Off-site
|Status||Format||Access||Call Number||Item Location|
Available - Can be used on site. Please visit New York Public Library - Performing Arts Research Collections to submit a request in person.
|Moving image||Use in library||*MGZIA 4-1615||Performing Arts Research Collections - Dance|
- Additional Authors
- Makarova, Natalia, 1940-
- Vinogradov, Oleg
- Dudinskai︠a︡, Natalʹi︠a︡ Mikhaĭlovna, 1912-2003
- Sergeev, K. M. (Konstantin Mikhailovich)
- Asylmuratova, Altynai
- Ruzimatov, Farukh
- Moiseeva, Ol'ga
- Kolpakova, Irina Aleksandrovna, 1933-
- Ivanova, Veronica
- Komleva, Gabriella
- Sel︠i︡u︠t︡skiĭ, Gennadiĭ Naumovich
- Mezen︠t︡seva, Galina
- Kurkov, Aleksander
- Kovaleva, L︠i︡udmila.
- Sokolov, Oleg.
- Kurgapkina, Ninella.
- Gensler, Irina.
- Zaklinskiĭ, Konstantin
- Pankova, Elena
- Zelensky, Igor
- Ayupova, Zhanna
- Makarova, Dina.
- Crisp, Clement.
- Bailey, Derek.
- Matheson, Julia.
- Ėĭfman, Boris
- Béjart, Maurice
- Leningradskiĭ gosudarstvennyĭ akademicheskiĭ teatr opery i baleta imeni S.M. Kirova.
- Leningrad. Kirov Theater. Ballet School.
- 1 videocassette. 71 min. : sd. color with b&w sequences NTSC.; 1/2 in. (VHS)
- Documentary on the Kirov Ballet and its school, much of it recorded upon Natalia Makarova's return to Russia in 1989. Makarova and Vinogradov, the company's artistic director, examine the Kirov's history and current activities. B&w archival footage and color excerpts depict noteworthy ballets and dancers of the past and present, while footage recorded behind the scenes portrays the transmission of the Kirov tradition in its school and through the practice of coaching. The discussion also touches upon working conditions for the dancers, the problem of defection, and the shortage of male dancers. Among the dancers who appear are Natalia Dudinskaya, Konstantin Sergeyev, Altynai Asylmuratova, Farukh Ruzimatov, Olga Moiseyeva, Veronica Ivanova, Irina Kolpakova, Galina Mezentseva, Gabriella Komleva, Aleksandr Kurkov, Gennadi Selyutsky, Konstantin Zaklinsky, Yelena Pankova, Igor Zelensky, and Zhanna Ayupova, as well as faculty members Leonid Nadirov, Ludmila Kovaleva, Oleg Sokolov, Marina Vivien, Ninel Kurgapkina, and Irina Gensler.
- Uniform Title
- Battleship Potemkin (Choreographic work : Vinogradov)
- Knight in the tiger's skin (Choreographic work : Vinogradov)
- Bayadère (Choreographic work : Petipa, M)
- Sylphides (Choreographic work : Fokin)
- Raymonda (Choreographic work : Sergeev, K after Petipa, M)
- Swan lake (Choreographic work : Vinogradov after Sergeev, K)
- Subtitle: The Kirov Ballet. Produced by BBC Television. Producers: Derek Bailey and Julia Matheson. Associate producer: Dina Makarova. Consultant: Clement Crisp. Narrators: Natalia Makarova, with Oleg Vinogradov. Distributed as a videotape by Kultur, W. Long Branch, New Jersey.
- DANCE CONTENTS: Excerpts include: Raymonda, perf. by Dudinskaya and Sergeyev. -- Giselle: Act I, perf. by Asylmuratova and Ruzimatov. -- Chopiniana, perf. by the ensemble. -- Spartacus, perf. by Olga Moiseyeva. -- La bayadère: variation, perf. by Ivanova, with footage of a coaching session with Kolpakova. -- Cinderella, perf. by Kolpakova. -- La bayadère: pas de deux, perf. by Mezentseva and Kurkov, with footage of a coaching session with Komleva and Selyutsky. -- 1830 (chor: Maurice Béjart), perf. by Ruzimatov and male ensemble. -- Adagio (?) (chor: Boris Ėĭfman; mus: Albinoni), perf. by Ruzimatov (?). -- Knight in the tiger's skin (chor: Vinogradov): pas de deux. Dancers not identified. -- Potemkin (chor: Vinogradov), perf. by the ensemble.-- Chopiniana, perf. by the ensemble. -- La bayadère: entry of the shades, perf. by the ensemble. -- Raymonda, perf. by Dudinskaya. -- Paquita: variation, perf. by Asylmuratova. -- Gayane, perf. by Gensler and ensemble. -- Swan lake: Act III mazurka, perf. by the ensemble. -- The stone flower: gypsy dance, perf. by the ensemble. -- The sleeping beauty: Act III, male variation, perf. by Zaklinsky. -- Giselle: Act I, perf. by Asylmuratova and Ruzimatov. -- Paquita: variation, perf. by Pankova, with footage of a coaching session with Makarova. -- Swan lake: Act III, Siegfried's variation, perf. by Zelensky. -- Swan lake: Act III, Odile's variation, perf. by Ayupova.
- Call Number
- *MGZIA 4-1615
- The Leningrad legend [videorecording]
- Local Subject
- Ballet in television. Leningrad legend.
- Added Author
- Makarova, Natalia, 1940- NarratorVinogradov, Oleg, choreographer. NarratorDudinskai︠a︡, Natalʹi︠a︡ Mikhaĭlovna, 1912-2003, dancer.Sergeev, K. M. (Konstantin Mikhailovich), dancer.Asylmuratova, Altynai, dancer.Ruzimatov, Farukh, dancer.Moiseeva, Ol'ga, dancer.Kolpakova, Irina Aleksandrovna, 1933- dancer.Ivanova, Veronica, dancer.Komleva, Gabriella, dancer.Sel︠i︡u︠t︡skiĭ, Gennadiĭ Naumovich, dancer.Mezen︠t︡seva, Galina, dancer.Kurkov, Aleksander, dancer.Kovaleva, L︠i︡udmila. DepictedSokolov, Oleg. DepictedKurgapkina, Ninella. DepictedGensler, Irina. DepictedZaklinskiĭ, Konstantin, dancer.Pankova, Elena, dancer.Zelensky, Igor, dancer.Ayupova, Zhanna, dancer.Makarova, Dina. ProducerCrisp, Clement. ConsultantBailey, Derek. ProducerMatheson, Julia. ProducerĖĭfman, Boris, choreographer.Béjart, Maurice, choreographer.Leningradskiĭ gosudarstvennyĭ akademicheskiĭ teatr opery i baleta imeni S.M. Kirova.Leningrad. Kirov Theater. Ballet School.
- Added Title
- Battleship Potemkin (Choreographic work : Vinogradov)Knight in the tiger's skin (Choreographic work : Vinogradov)Bayadère (Choreographic work : Petipa, M)Sylphides (Choreographic work : Fokin)Raymonda (Choreographic work : Sergeev, K after Petipa, M)Swan lake (Choreographic work : Vinogradov after Sergeev, K)
- Research Call Number
- *MGZIA 4-1615