- Additional Authors
- 3 cassettes. 45 min. : sd. color NTSC.; 1/2 in. (VHS)
- Gift of Ruth Page Foundation.
- Series Statement
- Ruth Page Video Archives ; 42-44
- Cassidy, Claudia
- Hear ye! Hear ye! (Choreographic work : Page)
- Page, Ruth, 1899-1991 > Homes and haunts
- Fonteyn, Margot, 1919-1991
- Television > Ruth Page's home
- Abarca, Lydia
- Remisoff, Nicolas
- Delfau, André
- Kreutzberg, Harald, 1902-1968
- Dance in sculpture
- Derujinsky, Gleb, 1888-1975
- Beaumont, Cyril W (Cyril William), 1891-1976
- Dance > Pictorial works
- Noguchi, Isamu, 1904-1988
- Nureyev, Rudolf, 1938-1993
- Videotaped at Ruth Page's apartment in Chicago, Illinois, on April 4 or 11, 1985, by Thea Flaum Productions. For a detailed summary of this tour, see Ruth Page Video Archives, 1990, p. 255-256 (in *MGYB (Page) 90-9600).
- CONTENTS: Cassette 42 (approx. 17 min.): Foyer and living room. Objects related to dance include André Delfau's portraits of Harald Kreutzberg, Lydia Abarca, Rudolf Nureyev, Margot Fonteyn, Claudia Cassidy, and others; Isamu Noguchi's drawings and sculpture The expanding universe; and a statue of Page as Columbine by Gleb Derujinsky. -- Cassette 43 (approx. 17 min.): Tibetan, dining, and orange rooms; rear foyer and studio. Includes dolls made by Cyril Beaumont, two portraits of Page by Delfau, and Nicolas Remisov's mask for Hear ye! Hear ye! Footage includes test shots made by a stand-in. -- Cassette 44 (approx. 11 min.): Rear foyer and studio (additional takes); bedroom. Includes a portrait of Page by Clinton King.
- Call Number
- *MGZIA 4-1249 cassettes 42-44
Ruth Page's home [videorecording]
Ruth Page Video Archives ; 42-44
Unedited footage, including repeated takes with slight differences in camera angle and commentary, recorded for the documentary Ruth Page: Once upon a dancer (1988). For the completed documentary, see: *MGZIA 4-1249 Cassette 129. Page conducts a tour of her apartment, pointing out and commenting upon various art objects or artifacts, some related to her ballets or to dance in general. The focus remains on her, however, and many of the objects are difficult to see or do not appear on screen.
- Local Subject
Dance in sculpture.
Television. Ruth Page's home.
Dance -- Pictorial works.
- Added Author
Page, Ruth, 1899-1991. Commentator
Flaum, Thea. Producer
- Added Title
Gift of Ruth Page Foundation.
- Research Call Number
*MGZIA 4-1249 cassettes 42-44