- Additional Authors
- 2 streaming video files (NTSC) (65 min.) : sd., col.
- Unedited footage recorded in southwestern Virginia by Appalshop, Whitesburg, Kentucky, for the videodocumentary Interweaving patterns (later retitled Step back Cindy), sponsored by the Virginia Commission for the Arts and the Virginia Foundation for the Humanities. Directors: Anne Johnson and Susan Spalding.
- Access (note)
- Patrons can access streaming video file online only on site at the Library for the Performing Arts.
- Funding (note)
- Preservation of this video was supported by a donation from Lynn Garafola.
- CONTENTS. - Interview with Nova Deel. Recorded in Dante, Virginia, in August 1989. Deel, a dancer whose uncle was a square dance caller, reminisces about square dancing and flatfooting in her youth, contrasting it with dancing today. She also relates how she learned the Charleston in her girlhood at movie theaters. Reel 4A: 63 min. Reel 4B: 2 min.
- Call Number
- *MGZIDF 1455
Interweaving patterns: [Unedited footage] [electronic resource]
Part of a 16-cassette series containing unedited interview and dance footage. Although the interviews focus primarily on dance, they also cover a broad range of topics intended to fill in the socio-cultural background of the region. For the completed documentary, see: *MGZIA 4-1305 Step back Cindy.
- Restricted Access
Patrons can access streaming video file online only on site at the Library for the Performing Arts.
Preservation of this video was supported by a donation from Lynn Garafola.
- Local Note
Former call number: *MGZIC 9-2261 cassettes 4A & 4B
- Connect to:
- Local Subject
Television. Interweaving patterns.
Square, round and contra dancing.
- Local Subject
Television. Step back Cindy.
- Added Author
Deel, Nova. Interviewee
Johnson, Anne. Director
Spalding, Susan Eike. Director
- Research Call Number