- Additional Authors
- 1 streaming video file (NTSC) (63 min.) : sd., col.
- Unedited footage recorded in southwestern Virginia by Appalshop, Whitesburg, Kentucky, for the videodocumentary Interweaving patterns (later retitled Step back Cindy), sponsored by the Virginia Commission for the Arts and the Virginia Foundation for the Humanities. Directors: Anne Johnson and Susan Spalding.
- Access (note)
- Patrons can access streaming video file online only on site at the Library for the Performing Arts.
- Funding (note)
- Preservation of this video was supported by a donation from Lynn Garafola.
- CONTENTS. - Interview with Calvin Cole. Recorded in Hillsville, Virginia, in July 1989. Cole, an 81-year-old dancer and musician, discusses flatfooting and square dancing. He reminisces about dancing in his youth, contrasting it to dancing today. At the end of the tape, he plays several tunes on his banjo.
- Call Number
- *MGZIDF 1453
Interweaving patterns: [Unedited footage] [electronic resource]
Part of a 16-cassette series containing unedited interview and dance footage. Although the interviews focus primarily on dance, they also cover a broad range of topics intended to fill in the socio-cultural background of the region. For the completed documentary, see: *MGZIA 4-1305 Step back Cindy.
- Restricted Access
Patrons can access streaming video file online only on site at the Library for the Performing Arts.
Preservation of this video was supported by a donation from Lynn Garafola.
- Local Note
Former call number: *MGZIC 9-2261 cassette 2
- Connect to:
- Local Subject
Television. Interweaving patterns.
Square, round and contra dancing.
- Local Subject
Television. Step back Cindy.
- Added Author
Cole, Calvin. Interviewee. Musician
Johnson, Anne. Director
Spalding, Susan Eike. Director
- Research Call Number