- Additional Authors
- 2 streaming video files (NTSC) (73 min.) : sd., col.
- Unedited footage recorded in southwestern Virginia by Appalshop, Whitesburg, Kentucky, for the videodocumentary Interweaving patterns (later retitled Step back Cindy), sponsored by the Virginia Commission for the Arts and the Virginia Foundation for the Humanities. Directors: Anne Johnson and Susan Spalding.
- Access (note)
- Patrons can access streaming video files online only on site at the Library for the Performing Arts.
- Funding (note)
- Preservation of this video was supported by a donation from Lynn Garafola.
- CONTENTS. - Dance at Dante Fire Hall (the community center of the Dante Volunteer Fire Department), Dante, Virginia. Recorded on April 21, 1989. Music played by Pete Castle and the Phillips Brothers. The informally dressed dancers, children among them, do couple dances (especially the two-step) and clog dances, the latter individually and in couples. They are also seen eating and drinking, and participating in the drawing of lucky numbers. Reel 1A: 59 min. Reel 1B: 14 min.
- Call Number
- *MGZIDF 1452
Interweaving patterns: [Unedited footage] [electronic resource]
Part of a 16-cassette series containing unedited interview and dance footage. Although the interviews focus primarily on dance, they also cover a broad range of topics intended to fill in the socio-cultural background of the region. For the completed documentary, see: *MGZIA 4-1305 Step back Cindy.
- Restricted Access
Patrons can access streaming video files online only on site at the Library for the Performing Arts.
Preservation of this video was supported by a donation from Lynn Garafola.
- Local Note
Former call number: *MGZIC 9-2261 cassettes 1A & 1B
- Connect to:
- Local Subject
Television. Interweaving patterns.
- Local Subject
Social dancing -- 20th century.
Television. Step back Cindy.
- Added Author
Johnson, Anne. Director
Spalding, Susan Eike. Director
- Research Call Number