- Additional Authors
- 1 streaming video file (NTSC) (53 min.) : sd., col.
- Compilation of two performances, the first a three-part work recorded onstage, probably on June 26, 1989, at the American Dance Festival at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina; the second recorded outdoors on the campus of Duke University.
- Performed by members of the Venezuelan modern dance group Contradanza: Hercilia López, Olga Gutierrez, Oriette Saade, and others (?).
- Access (note)
- Patrons can access streaming video file only at the Library for the Performing Arts.
- Funding (note)
- Preservation of this video was supported by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
- CONTENTS. - Tres imágenes de mujeres solitarias [Three images of women's loneliness]. Choreography/costumes: Hercilia López. Scenery/lighting: Manuel Pappaterra. Que bonitos ojos tienes [What beautiful eyes you have]. Music: "La Malaguena." Text: Jean Rhys (in Spanish translation). Danced by López. Singer: Gabriella Ferri. Una de la otra [One of the other]. Danced by Gutierrez and Saade. Amapola [Poppy]. Danced by López. Singer: Nana Muskuri. - Unidentified work, performed outdoors. Music: "Tennessee waltz." Danced by three women (including López) and two men.
- Call Number
- *MGZIDF 7894
Contradanza [electronic resource]
- Restricted Access
Patrons can access streaming video file only at the Library for the Performing Arts.
Preservation of this video was supported by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
- Local Note
Former call number: *MGZIC 9-1193.
- Connect to:
- Local Subject
- Added Author
López, Hercilia, choreographer. cst, dancer.
Gutierrez, Olga, dancer.
Saade, Oriette, dancer.
Contradanza (Company : Caracas, Venezuela)
American Dance Festival.
- Research Call Number
*MGZIC 9-1193 (former)