- Additional Authors
- Peking School of Dancing.
- 3 streaming video files (PAL) (130 min.) : sd., col.
- Videotaped in Beijing, China in August, 1985 at the Beijing Workers' Cultural Palace during the final competition of the adult division of the First Peach and Plum Cup of Chinese Dance. Co-sponsored by the Beijing Dance Academy, Chinese Dance Artists Association, Artistic Education Bureau of the Ministry of Culture of China, and Central China Television.
- Comprises 12 compositions selected from 57 dancers who appeared in the third round of the competition. The finalists were from the Beijing Dance Academy, Sichuan Provincial Song and Dance Theater, All-China Army Song and Dance Ensemble, Shenyang Army Song and Dance Ensemble, Beijing Army Song and Dance Company, and the Central Institute of Nationalities.
- Access (note)
- Patrons can access streaming video file only at the Library for the Performing Arts.
- Funding (note)
- Preservation of this video was supported by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
- CONTENTS. - Cassette 1. Male solo: A song on the Parmir grassland. Pas de deux: Parting at the first married night. Male solo: A song from a revolutionary "prisoner." Female solo: Tang Dynasty's Princess Zhao-jun married to Tibetan king. - Cassette 2: Part II. Female pas de trois: Warring drums on the Golden Mountain. Pas de deux: Under the moonlight (Sichuang province) Female solo: Happiness (Inner Mongolia) Male solo: Seed of fire. Pas deux: King Xian Yu bids farewell to his concubine Yü. Male solo: Green pride (Inner Mongolia) Pas de trois: Drum dance in prosperous Beijing. - Cassette 3: Part III. Prize winners.
- Call Number
- *MGZIDF 7946
[Peach and Plum Cup of Chinese Dance] [electronic resource]
- Restricted Access
Patrons can access streaming video file only at the Library for the Performing Arts.
Preservation of this video was supported by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
- Local Note
Former call number: *MGZIC 9-1585.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Peking School of Dancing.
- Research Call Number
*MGZIC 9-1585 (former)