- Additional Authors
- Han, Kuo-huang.
- 2 streaming audio files (approximately one hour and six minutes): digital
- Oral History Archive.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Radio speeches.
- Sound recordings.
- Kuo-huang Han [Guohuang Han], ethomusicologist, lectures about Peking opera, on a program for radio station KPFA, Berkeley, Calif., for broadcast on August 25, 1977. The lecture includes demonstrations of singing and orchestral music, with live singing by Guohuang Han, himself, and the playing of recorded music.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Sound quality is very good.
- Funding (note)
- The conservation and cataloging of this recording was made possible in part by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature. The support of the National Endowment for the Arts is also gratefully acknowledged.
- Call Number
- *MGZTCO 3-936
Han, Guohuang, speaker.
Introduction to Peking opera/ Han, Guohuang.
Los Angeles, Calif. : Pacific Tape Library, 1977
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
Recorded by radio station KFPA, 1977 Berkeley (Calif.)
Streaming audio file 1 (approximately 34 minutes). [Music]. Guohuang Han, ethnomusicologist, speaks about Peking opera including the history, instrumentation, orchestration, costuming and facial paintings, and types of characters.
Streaming audio file 2 (approximately 32 minutes). Guohuang Han continues to speak about types of characters in Peking opera; recitation styles, solo singing, and different types of Peking opera including developments since the establishment of the People's Republic of China, in 1949, and the Cultural Revolution (1966-1976); the preservation of older, traditional styles outside of the People's Republic of China [ends abruptly].
The conservation and cataloging of this recording was made possible in part by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature. The support of the National Endowment for the Arts is also gratefully acknowledged.
- Original Version
Original format: one sound cassette (approximately one hour and six minutes); quarter-track; 1.875 ips; transferred to wav file and streaming file format in 2015: myd_mgztco3936_v01f01_sc and myd_mgztco3936_v01f02_sc.
- Local Note
Former class mark: *MGZTC 3-936
- Connect to:
- Added Author
- Added Title
Oral History Archive.
- Publisher No.
AZ0339 Pacific Tape Library
- Research Call Number