- Additional Authors
- Nureyev, Rudolf, 1938-1993.
- Bruhn, Erik, 1928-1986.
- Reed, Janet, 1916-2000.
- Christensen, Lew, 1909-1984.
- Christensen, Willam F. (Willam Farr)
- Como, William.
- 1 streaming audio file (approximately 27 minutes): digital
- National Initiative to Preserve American Dance.
- Alternative Title
- Dance Audio Archive
- Sound recordings
- Award presentations
- Dance > Awards
- Christensen, Willam F (Willam Farr)
- Christensen, Harold, 1904-1989
- Christensen, Lew, 1909-1984
- Reed, Janet, 1916-2000
- Bruhn, Erik, 1928-1986
- Nureyev, Rudolf, 1938-1993
- Sound recordings.
- For transcript of ceremony, see: Dance magazine, July 1973, pages 58B-63.
- Ceremony for the presentation of the 1973 Dance Magazine awards, recorded on May 17, 1973 at the Regency Hotel, New York (N.Y.). The recording includes remarks by William Como, Erik Bruhn, Rudolf Nureyev (award recipient), Janet Reed, and William Christensen and Lew Christensen (award recipients).
- The sound quality is very good.
- The processing and cataloging of this recording was made possible in part by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature. The support of the National Endowment for the Arts is also gratefully acknowledged.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Access (note)
- Access only on site at the research libraries of The New York Public Library.
- Call Number
- *MGZTO 7-530
Dance magazine awards, 1973 : Rudolf Nureyev and The Christensen Brothers.
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
Recorded for Dance magazine May 17, 1973 New York (N.Y.)
Streaming audio file (approximately 27 minutes). William Como's opening remarks including his introductions of Rudolf Nureyev and Erik Bruhn; Erik Bruhn's remarks, about Rudolf Nureyev; William Como speaks about Rudolf Nureyev and presents the award to him; Nureyev's very brief acceptance speech; William Como speaks about William, Lew, and Harold Christensen and Janet Reed; Janet Reed speaks about the Christensens; William Como speaks further about the Christensens and presents the award; William Christensen's and Lew Christen's brief acceptance speeches; William Como's closing remarks.
- Restricted Access
Access only on site at the research libraries of The New York Public Library.
- Original Version
Original format: one sound reel (approximately 27 minutes); full-track, 7.5 ips; 7 in.; transferred to wav file and streaming file format in 2015: myd_mgzto7530_v01f01_sc.
- Local Note
Former call number: *MGZTC 3-530
Former call number: *MGZT 7-530
- Local Note
Archival original: *MGZTO 7-530; 7 1/2 in. per sec.; 7 in. reel. Restored and rehoused in 2015 following water damage.
Dubbing master: *MGZTD 10-530; 7 1/2 in. per sec.; 10 in. reel; polyester.
Preservation funded by the National Initiative to Preserve American Dance.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Nureyev, Rudolf, 1938-1993.
Bruhn, Erik, 1928-1986.
Reed, Janet, 1916-2000.
Christensen, Lew, 1909-1984.
Christensen, Willam F. (Willam Farr)
- Added Title
Dance Audio Archive
National Initiative to Preserve American Dance.
- Research Call Number