- Additional Authors
- Gruen, John
- One streaming file (approximately minutes) : digital, stereo
- Streaming file (approximately 58 minutes). [Begins abruptly; introductory remarks by Oscar Buhler.] John Gruen introduces Carla Fracci; Gruen and Fracci speak about the role of Giselle including her recent performance with American Ballet Theatre; her career in her native Italy; her background including how greatly she was inspired by seeing Margot Fonteyn in The sleeping beauty; the beginning of her international career, with the London Festival Ballet; Erik Bruhn; Mikhail Barshynikov and John Butler's Medea; performing with Baryshnikov and others in San Marco square in Venice [commercial announcement]; Beppe Menegatti, her husband and artistic collaborator; performing John Butler's After Eden with Dennis Wayne in a circus tent [commercial announcement; recorded excerpt from the music, by Samuel Barber, used in the ballet Medea, is played]; Fracci's upcoming performances with American Ballet Theatre including Medea and Peter Darrell's Tales of Hoffmann; her son; her feelings about dancing and audiences [commercial announcements and closing remarks].
- Oral History Archive.
- Uniform Title
- Sound of dance (Radio program)
- Radio interviews.
- Interview with Carla Fracci conducted by John Gruen, as host on radio station WNCN-FM, New York on its series The sound of dance, for broadcast on January 12, 1976. The program includes commercial announcements made both by Gruen and Oscar Buhler.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Sound quality is fair. The recording is marred by distortion arising from damage to the original recording. However, the speakers' voices are easily intelligible.
- Access (note)
- Patrons may access streaming audio only on site at NYPL Research Libraries.
- Funding (note)
- The conservation and cataloging of this recording was made possible in part by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature. The support of the National Endowment for the Arts is also gratefully acknowledged.
- Call Number
- *MGZTC 3-315 Side B (former)
Fracci, Carla, interviewee.
Interview with Carla Fracci. January 12, 1976.
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
- Digital File Characteristics
- Restricted Access
Patrons may access streaming audio only on site at NYPL Research Libraries.
Broadcast by WNCN-FM 1976, January 12 New York (N.Y.)
The conservation and cataloging of this recording was made possible in part by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature. The support of the National Endowment for the Arts is also gratefully acknowledged.
- Original Version
Original format: one sound cassette (approximately 58 minutes); quarter-track; 1.875 ips.; transferred to wav file and streaming file formats in 2015.
- Local Note
Former call number: *MGZTC 3-315, side B
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Gruen, John, interviewer.
- Added Title
Sound of dance (Radio program)
- Research Call Number
*MGZTC 3-315 Side B (former)