- Additional Authors
- 1 streaming audio file (approximately 26 minutes): digital
- Streaming audio file (approximately 26 minutes). [Music]. Lee Graham introduces Clive and Patricia Barnes and Monica Blum; they speak with Graham about Valery Panov's and his wife, Galina Panova's desire to emigrate and the refusal of the Soviet [former Soviet Union] government to allow them; the ways in which Panov and his wife have been harassed, including being confined to their apartment; Panov's skill as a dancer; Galina Panova; more on the Soviet government's harassment of the Panovs and their current situation; the relative lack of creativity in dance in the Soviet Union in the recent past; Graham's closing remarks. The discussion is interspersed with the showing of film clips, the sounds of which can be heard on this recording.
- National Initiative to Preserve American Dance.
- Uniform Title
- Lee Graham presents (Television program)
- Alternative Title
- Dance Audio Archive
- Soundtrack of the television program, Lee Graham presents, broadcast in November 1973 by television station WNYC-TV, New York; Clive and Patricia Barnes and Monica Blum discuss the ballet dancers Valery Panov and his wife, Galina Panova.
- The sound quality is fair to poor. Volume is low, and the speakers can be difficult to understand.
- The processing and cataloging of this recording was made possible in part by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature. The support of the National Endowment for the Arts is also gratefully acknowledged.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Access (note)
- Access only on site at the research libraries of The New York Public Library.
- Call Number
- *MGZTO 7-275
Barnes, Clive, 1927-2008, interviewee.
Interview with Clive and Patricia Barnes and Monica Blum about Valery Panov.
- Type of Content
- Type of Medium
- Type of Carrier
Soundtrack of the television program Lee Graham presents, on WNYC-TV November , 1973 New York (N.Y.)
- Restricted Access
Access only on site at the research libraries of The New York Public Library.
- Original Version
Original format: one sound reel (approximately 26 minutes); acetate; half-track, 7.5 ips; 7 in.; transferred to wav file and streaming file format in 2015: myd_mgzto7275_v01f01_sc.
- Local Note
Former call number: *MGZTC 3-275
Former call number: *MGZT 7-275
- Local Note
Archival original: *MGZTO 7-275; 7 1/2 in. per sec.; 7 in. reel; acetate. Restored and rehoused in 2015 following water damage.
Dubbing master: *MGZTD 10-275; 7 1/2 in. per sec.; 10 in. reel; polyester.
Preservation funded by the National Initiative to Preserve American Dance.
- Connect to:
- Added Author
Barnes, Patricia, interviewee.
Blum, Monica, interviewee.
Graham, Lee, interviewer.
- Added Title
Lee Graham presents (Television program)
Dance Audio Archive
National Initiative to Preserve American Dance.
- Research Call Number